1968 Floor console Repair

Anyone have experience with repairing their floor Console? Unsure of the type of plastic these were made of. Which type of glue/adhesive is recommended?

On mine i had several cracks in the plastic. I used jb weld and laid a metal washer or stiff wire across the crack in the jb weld depending on location and the size of the crack.

I have used this on all my console repairs. Works very well. It was better to make several small batches and repair 1-3 areas at a time. It is a 2 part epoxy avaliable at Hobby Lobby. I mixed and applied with a toothpick.

If you look at post 37 in my build thread you can see how I managed some small repairs to my console. I hope it helps.

1 Like

I always use JB Weld.

I’ve used Plastex from GT Motorsports with great success to repair my 69 XR-7’s console. I have also used it to repair the front spoiler on my 69 Eliminator. I think the stuff is amazing.

I have also used Plastex. It works quite well but is pricy.

Glad you found my ABS/Acetone trick useful! Highly recommend this method to everyone else doing plastic repairs. Creates a very strong bond.

Is it plasitc or pot metal? I know plastic can easily be repaired, but If pot metal, it surely can be restored as it is a process I proform on a daily basis.