$68,000

$57,300

$54,500

$48,250

With less than 2 hours to go it is at $50,600. So I think I’ll go with $59,700

$54,600

US $50,600.00
Reserve not met

I did not contemplate the (if it does not sell) scenario! I just offered it to the top 2 bidders at $51,500. I will let you know what transpires.

I hope it found a new home. If it had been an SCJ, curious what would your reserve have been.

In my opinion SCJ adds at least $20k to a car like this.

Tend to agree. 20-25K makes sense, especially if it is the born with drive line.

Don,
Anything new with the sale of the car? :whistle:

Both bidder #1 and #2 wanted the car at $51.5K so that makes Neal the winner. That being said, the seller did not know the car needed a title. He shipped me the car from Australia and I just assumed he had a title. He said he has never got a title on any of the many classic cars he has imported to Oz. I guess the importer “retires” the title and none is needed from there out. The good news is that the seller watched the video and loved what the car looked like after we added our touch and our informative video “resold” him on the car so he is happy to have it sent back to him. That’s a first for us… That is the longest distance I have ever had someone come to install a bumper and bits! The bad news is my Canadian customer got his hopes dashed. At least the car will have a good shot at being in next years calendar.

I didn’t enter the contest so this is in no way sour grapes. How is Neal the winner when catalover bid 50K ? Didn’t Neal bid 59.7K?

I did go with $59.5K. I’m not so sure I won. No big deal to me anyway. So who was closer to th $50.5k high bid?

What an interesting turn of events :sunglasses: Back to the land down under it goes. Seems like a lot of great muscle cars are leaving the country. I guess officially this one never came back.

Well for what it’s worth, I would have won with whichever you decided to take, 50,500 or 51,500 with my bid of 50K. " It an’t no big thing"
but I do need a K5 relay.

Oops! It had been awhile since I visited this thread and was going off memory as opposed to actually reviewing bids… Congrats Catlover, if you do your order on our website just select “contact me” for payment and mention your prize in the comments section and we will apply your credit. Even though it was technically a no sale I still feel it brought the $51,500 as the owner is now happy to have it back at that price. Very interesting turn of events! I still contend I have the BEST customers out there, the seller was very gracious and the bidders while disappointed, were very understanding.

Very interesting turn of events! I still contend I have the BEST customers out there, the seller was very gracious and the bidders while disappointed, were very understanding.

I meant that in a positive way that it was interesting to have the out of county owner say you know what I really like what you did and want to keep it.