1971 Emergency Flasher location ( for a T-bird, sorry ! )

Hi fellow Cougar enthusiasts. I’m posting this request for some help in trying to ascertain the location of the emergency flasher in my 1971 T-bird. Yes I know it’s NOT a Cougar ( but it still has the sequencing lights and that gives it a ‘kinship’ ! ) and I’m hoping that a member of this Forum has had one of these ‘larger’ T-birds or knows of someone that might be able to answer this question.

That’s because I’ve posted this problem on two T-bird Forums and still have yet to get an answer ( actually I got one diagram from the Ford Service manual posted by a T-bird Forum member; the diagram was the wiring schematics - but I already had that same image before I started this quest ) !

Here’s the ‘nub’ of the issue : I wonder if someone could point me in the right ‘direction’ for the location of the emergency flasher ( it should be a green D1FZ-13350-A / SF 552 B ). The turn signals sequence just fine, but the emergency flasher is an anemic 'blinkety-blinkety affair - not a solid repeating on and off. And no audible click from the relay, wherever it is, as well ( the turn signal relay is audible, and you can feel it click if you put your fingers on the relay itself ).

I have checked the Ford Service Manuals to find an approximate location for the flasher and from what I can determine it SHOULD be to the RHS of the glove box, near the fuse panel. No such luck. I located the turn signal ‘can’ ( D0WY - green unit - yes a Cougar part ! ) to the left of the glove box, secured into its holder, no problem. I have even removed the glove box to make it easier to gain access to the area. I also removed the kick panel, thinking perhaps during assembly the flasher + wiring became sandwiched between the cowl and the kick panel - no such luck !

But the emergency flasher whereabouts is a mystery ! The car has only 24, 000 miles on it - so everything underneath the dash is pristine and in ‘survivor’ state - no dust, dirt or alterations since assembly !

Any thoughts as to where I might find this relay ?