'67 Battery Tray Removal

OK…the battery tray has to come out, but it sure looks to me like the entire front bumper bracket has to come right off to access the bottom tray bolts. This seems like a huge pain in the ass if there is no reason to remove the bumper in the first place.

Is this just one of those few s**tty Ford legacies that a guy has to deal with?
Thanks…

Lift out your battery and you should be able to see the two bolts holding it down.

There are also two more fasteners that hold the lower part of the battery tray to the lower end of the inner fender apron. You have to get to it from in the engine compartment, as I recall (if not then it is the wheel well area).

the lower bolt heads can only be accessed from the wheel well and they are tucked in behind the front bumper bracket. I know this already…just wondering if anyone knows if I have to remove the whole bracket.

That sucks. At the very least you will need to loosen bracket to get it to move to get access to the battery tray fasteners.
Good luck.

You might have a different opinion if you actually look at it instead of complaining on the internet first.

The bolts are not hidden by the bumper brackets or anything else. Maybe your flashlight needs batteries? :laughing:

You might have a different opinion if you actually look at it instead of complaining on the internet first.

The bolts are not hidden by the bumper brackets or anything else. Maybe your flashlight needs batteries? :laughing:

[/quote]

I actually did look Royce…and I wasn’t complaining. Just looking for some friendly advice. Flashlight works fine BTW…

Had the same issue this winter when I replaced battery tray on my 68. I was able to get on those bolts by just loosening the bumper bracket bolts on that side-didn’t have to remove bumper. Went back together fine. I wasn’t looking to pull bumper either to get at those two bolts.

Thanks for this mr 580…I wasn’t even going to try what you did if I thought failure was imminent. Nice to know that I have a chance now. I appreciate your time…

Dennis

Call me crazy but at least judging by your pic there is at least one bolt blocked by your bumper bracket just as you said. Hmmm. Maybe there is a new “osmosis” technique that none of the rest of us are aware of for getting at those hard to reach fasteners :laughing: . Glad someone was able to steer you in the right direction without the insults.

Always plenty of good folks on this forum happy to help…
Thanks for the response!

Had to go look at mine and what do you know, the front bolt is behind the bumper bracket too!

Guess Ford figured they were indestructible…