67 Cougar XR7 GT 390 S Code 4spd -

Hey Cougar Community!

PM if interested…see details below

This 1967 Cougar was the biggest cat on the block. Only 905 out of 151K Cougars produced with a 390 big block/4spd. Not to mention the highly desired XR7/GT combo package. This is a 1 of 1 life-long California/Arizona car that received a nut and bolt restoration. An absolute rare gem and in excellent condition.

I have owned the car since Nov 2020 and only driven it about ~ 200miles w/ about 2,700 miles on drivetrain. Cougar has only been in stored in the garage with a cover. Never taken out in the rain or left out in elements. I have a binder full of receipts for the complete build with photos of car being restored. Previous owners and I only use non-ethanol gas.

I reposted as I am ready to sell and focus on family. (I changed my mind last time I posted it.)

Cougar Specs – See Marti Report. I have Elite Marti Report framed
XR7 GT 390 S-Code – Period Correct Service block
Factory Ford aluminum tri-power intake manifold / 3 Holley two-barrel carburetors, solid clam shell lifters; 428 heads w/ aluminum Shelby valve covers and oil pan (aftermarket). Built to a 427 (Stroke).
4-spd Toploader w/ XR7 console
3.25 Limited Slip Axle Ratio (oxidized orange)
Power Steering, Power Brakes (front disc brakes)
Black Vinyl Roof Top in Excellent Condition, no rust under (pictures of build)
AM/FM Track Stereo (Included but not linked to system / Kenwood blue tooth w. speaker set up)
Tinted glass (all original except windshield)
Vacuum to Electric Headlight Conversion Kit
GT-E-Style Hood Scoop
Upgraded driver seat (I have original seat with new leather kit).
All pot metal trim and chrome bumpers trim in excellent condition.
Registration Slips and Build Photos
Clean Title

Does not include: Closed Crankcase Emission System, Exhaust Emission Control, Original motor

Videos of Cougar:
*Walk Around and Warm Start: 67 Cougar XR7 GT 390 S Code 4spd - Warm Start and Walk Around (4/2/22) - YouTube
*Cold Start and Quick Walk Around: 67 Cougar XR7 GT 390 S Code 4spd - Cold Start and Quick Walk Around (4/3/22) - YouTube
*Tail Lights and Blinkers: 67 Cougar XR7 GT 390 S Code 4spd - Rear Tail Lights (4/2/22) - YouTube
*Headlights and Blinkers: 67 Cougar XR7 GT 390 S Code 4spd - Front Head Lights (4/2/22) - YouTube

Recent Upgrades/Maintenance:
Oct 2020: New Alternator
May/June 2022: New Battery, New Spark Plugs and Wires, repaired Dash Clock, Tuned carbs (fires up immediately at cold start!), E-cable adjustment.

1 Like

I see your craigslist add is expired, do you still have the car?

good evening. I hope your night is going well. The car is still up on Craigslist. Maybe the link needs to be updated.

By the way, who am I speaking to?
Cristian

My names Bruce, I have a 67 XR7 with a 390 auto. I’ve been looking for something with a stick for some time. Your Cougar looks a lot more “done” than mine. Mine is more of a survivor. It’s on here in the for sale section.

Good Morning Bruce, thank you for waiting for my reply. If you are interested in discussing more details, feel free to give me a call at 562.665.8524. If I don’t pick up, I am most likely in a meeting or busy at work. I can give you a call back.

No problem waiting. Your Craigslist add is still expired. Could you please email me the pictures to
GT390XR7 at YAHOO dot COM

Thanks
Bruce

Good Morning Bruce,

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

Here is the craigslist link. Feel free to ask me any questions you have. Feel free to call me if you want to discuss further details.

[67 Cougar XR7 GT 390 S Code 4spd - cars & trucks - by owner -… (craigslist.org)]

Thank you, this link works.