67 or 68 in good condition

You are correct… That was a gross exaggeration in an attempt to get a chuckle. I base my experience on a couple of instances of buying West Coast cars with an East Coast DSO site unseen and getting burnt by believing the story that they were rust free because they only spent 2 seasons back east and no rust developed. I should not let the dishonesty of a couple West Coast sellers taint everyone like you who has a very solid, correctly restored East Coast car. Many Easteners looked at a Cougar as a special car from day one and kept them garaged, never drove them in bad weather and preserved them well. My apologies. I should have stuck with the facts. The facts are it is costly to transport across country and because there are so many more Cougars that have survived out here compared to the East coast you end up not only paying for shipping but paying a premium for the car because of the scarcity in that region.

No worries Don, but you know me, and you know as an East coast guy I had to call you out on that one. By & large you are correct, & I’ve parted many a rusty POS, but have also been very surprised by some of the well-preserved cars I’ve come across (& bought) over the years.

My wife’s '66 Mustang (her 1st car) was not one of those cars, and got the full ECI treatment because that’s the car she & my father in law wanted to restore. Not a task that made economic sense, more of a labor of love type thing.

At least it was a Mustang so you could call 1-800-Dynacorn and get almost a complete car in boxes dropped off in your driveway for 4 figures.

True, but then I would deny myself the pleasure of drilling out all of those factory spot welds, :wall: :laughing: :sunglasses:

No longer looking, I have found my car! Will post more about the car soon…thanks for all the advice, comments and support. I’m very impressed with the kindness and integrity of the people I’ve met through this experience, brief though my search was. Thanks especially to Jeff, Paul and Kerry for your time, knowledge and generosity!!!

Awesome news. Can’t wait to see what you got.

I have a 67 for sale https://cccforum.discoursehosting.net/t/1967-289-motor-automatic-c4/9380/1

Rhondo, it’s been 5 months. Let’s see what you ended up with.

OK Local hero/Mark, here ya go! I will get a couple under-the-hood pics to add.
https://classiccougarcommunity.com/cccgallery/visitor.php?a=523

Very nice, black is my favorite.

Nice Rhonda! Didn’t get your 4-speed, but…Looks like it needs a couple things but nothing serious. I personally like the saddle interior with the Onyx, but the red is classy too, and an XR7 to boot!

Thank you Randy and David! I hadn’t been considering black, but I’m really liking it. Saddle interior would look good with black - but then the red stripe wouldn’t look right - and I like the stripe.
David, what things do you see that it needs? I’m all ears. I’ve changed out the walking cougar corral set on headlight cover and replaced the backing behind the mercury man. I’ve purchased the rear view mirror to add. I’d love to get redline tires, but that’s a ways down the road. There’s no radio, and I’d at least like to have something there for asthetics.

Rhonda,
I was just referring to the radio missing, and an original steering wheel would do more for that nice original interior than the one that’s in there, IMO
That Cougar you were looking at here in WI when you started this venture is still for sale. Hopefully it will find a home.

David, I agree, I’d eventually like to get an original steering wheel in there, love the look of them! The one it has is a bit small, diameter wise, but thick in the hands compared to my other vehicles. An it’s low - feels like it’s in my lap. But, I am getting used to it as I drive the car more. And yes, a radio is a must, just to fill the empty space! Maybe a working clock eventually…thanks for your comments!

The guy -Jeff - with the Cougar for sale in Wisconsin is a really nice guy. Hope the right buyer comes along.

Rhonda

My 1st reply so I hope I’m not breaking any rules! I just listed a 1968 Cougar on this forum under Classic Cougars for sale, its an AT and the original front seats could be recovered otherwise I believe it fits your criteria. I can email you pics etc if you want to see more

Your reply is fine but if I remember correctly Rhonda already found a car.