69 Eliminator / Negative Value?

I do have room but if I were to buy an Eliminator, it would have to be a '70. The 69 is too understated for my tastes.

You never know what you will find in a trunk!

Ha! That’s way more cool than anything I’ve ever found.

Don - I am glad I could contribute to your kids’ higher education. For a status report I am lacking only getting the drive train in and few minor items (although I think your show quality compliment might be generous). I need to get it “finished” so I can start redoing the things I know I can do better now! I hope to have it moving under its own power soon. Yes

First to Neal’s question, it was new to the registry. The interesting thing is that it is in a string of 11 consecutive Eliminator vins and we now know of 5 of the 11.

I think ECI Bob needs this car if he did not manage to pick up the $500.00 one in New Jersey, he keeps saying he wants an Eliminator.

:thumbup:

Heh. Still? Maybe the pain/trauma from his 1st resto hasn’t worn off yet, LOL. It takes a while.

It’s fun to see another one be found, It would be better if it were in better shape though.

As for ECI Bob, maybe his boat takes up all his free time?

So much better looking now! Actually found an original spoiler and scoop.

Looks to be a case of Chinese made 7.62 X 39 ammo in SKS stripper clips. In the late 1980’s 1000 rounds like that would sell for $65. Nowadays it is more like $200.

Where is it now Don?

Sitting outside my office window yearning to be loved back to life. Make a large enough order on our site and the car could be free or cheap!

Geoff?? that you??

Hey Don! I will call you tomorro! Yes Pat .

Hey Don - Did you sell the 7.62 x 39 ammo yet?

70-Conv_4sp

Would not even know how to sell! Maybe it should go back in the trunk for the new owner to discover

Ironically that ammo is probably worth more then the car with the current market

As your attorney I recommend that you give it away with the admonition that it is “display only” ammo, not safe to use. When it was new it was likely OK, after decades of poor storage it might be dangerous to stand behind the gun while firing.

Looking at the ammo boxes, they look like for a Japanese rifle. Possibly an 7.7MM. Owner may have brought one back and was storing it in the trunk at one time. Stripper clips are usually for either a 5 or 10 round mag. Not usually used on AKs.

GunBroker.com >.>

I knew someone would eventually snag this. A local guy that comes in here weekly who is doing a ground up on his 67 GT Bench seat car kept eyeballing it until he could not ignore the free sticker on the window any longer. He definitely has the skills and drive, he has made great progress on his 67 since buying it this summer and does almost all his own work. Another one saved!!!