'70 XR7 Gauge Lens Replacement

I purchased the full LED dash kit from WCCC that has colored LEDs for the idiot lights and turn signals but white for everything else. I have the standard blue diffusers for the white bulbs.

1 Like

Thanks because the pic on their website is confusing. Makes it look like 5 white/yellow, 6 red and 2 green make up the 13 you are getting…and then need 2 more separate ones for the clock…

Are white/yellow for the gauges themselves (would be 4, no?), green for the turn signals and red for the idiot/warning lights?

Joe V.

@bmwhd1 @PonyCarMan @cougarbill @Midlife @Calicat @sfhess @xr7g428 @SWYB @Artic_Cat

COMPLETE!

Thanks to all of you for your advice and experiences. Helped out tremendously. It turned out to be a VERY long weekend but well worth it (and actually not as bad as I thought it would be!):

• Changed out the gauge lenses…what a difference!
  • Added new white/yellow LEDs and red diffusers (prior were Green LEDs with no diffusers). Goes great with my red exterior.
  • Connected the door speakers.
  • Painted the dash pad.
  • While the dash was off changed out the signal flasher…tail lights work great now (previously left side was blinking as one/not sequential and the right was sequential but super fast):

Video: Left Turn Signal
Video: Right Turn Signal

And somehow everything worked PERFECTLY when we got it back together again…I was sweating it out a bit but SURPRISE! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks again everyone!

Joe V.

Nice work - interior and dash look fantastic!

1 Like

@Calicat thanks…we were running out of steam from being at it for 7 hours yesterday but were able to finish it all up!

I really like the red led look; might have to consider that myself!

1 Like

Totally…I really like it especially with the exterior…

It looks great. Hope you have many more enjoyable years with the Cat.

1 Like

Thank you! I am really happy with how it turned out…just a few more small projects and I will be “done”…famous last words! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

To me it appears a lot less “harsh”.

1 Like

Well, the green that were in there were just pure LEDs…not sure why there were no diffusers but that definitely helps…they were really bright…

That looks great! The new lenses really freshen it up!

1 Like

Thanks!

I’m glad the white/yellow LEDs have the spectral content to work with the red diffusers. They look much better than the undiffused green. How well does your dimmer work?

The interior is looking really nice. What did you use to restore the sheen to your burled woodgrain?

1 Like

Thanks man. As far as dimming, there is not much there. I think there are other Hi-Po lights (Elite or Elite II?) that have better dimming functionality.

I did nothing to the woodgrain actually (the difference in the darkness in the pic is just the lighting). I got the car about a year ago so someone really took care of it and it is original or they replaced everything…I lucked out! I am planning on doing some light sanding and got an Aluminum paint marker to clean up the trim parts on it (and the steering wheel hub).

Joe V.