Car stalls when I put the car in drive

Leroy, I kind of mess with that. I turn in both screws all the way then backed out 3 full turns?

BAC it has a rough idle so I assume enough fuel is in the fuel bowls.

Here’s how I set the idle mixture screws:

-Turn them all the way in and back them out two turns, hook up your vacuum gauge
-Start the motor, get it up to temperature and not on the choke or fast idle
-Adjust the idle set screw (under the throttle linkage) to get an 850 RPM idle
-Now start adjusting the mixture screws slowly until you get the highest vacuum reading

If adjusting the mixture screws got your idle to raise, use the set screw to bring it back down to 850 RPM and adjust the mixture screws again-aiming for the highest vacuum reading. Make sure you always adjust both mixture screws the same amount.

And if they (idle mixture screws) are not having any effect there’s something wrong with them or you may have an air leak.

Check EVERY source of air to the intake including the gaskets. As I’ve said… disconnect and plug every vacuum port to help eliminate them as a problem. You can spray WD-40 or carb cleaner around the carb flange and intake to head interfaces to see if there’s a change. If there is, you have a leak.

Got to get systematic with your troubleshooting.

Should the Vacuum gauge fluctuate like that or should be steady?

At idle the gauge should be steady somewhere around 20 in. of vac. with a stock cam.

I have a mild cam installed. I will be going to Pomona swap meet this weekend to get a replacement carb, I believe this might be the issue.I will keep you posted Thanks for all the inputs.

So I found the issue but have not go around to post. The issue was with the vacuum to the connection to the Valve, once I removed from here issue fixed. Now I need to replace that piece I believe it was clogged. Thanks to every one.