Cars and Parts

Mark isn’t actually selling any of his Cougars. He was just trying to stir things up. But let us know what you are looking for, the condition level you want, and where you are located. It would also help to know what you want to spend. I have no doubt we can help you find something.

Ah ha! Mark, I have a solution to your problem! Lets say you were to make some space in that enclosed trailor… then you could move a different car into that space… which gives you more space in the workshop! Problem solved!

Hrm… but what to do with the car that is “living quietly” in there right now…

I got it! It could come live with ME! (well, technically it would be with me, my wife, our 10yo daughter and her 1yo guinea pig)

Now, I wouldn’t be able to guarantee a quiet life here. I’m sure there would be all sorts of hustling and bussling in the garage. But y’know, a good excercise regimen of restoration and refurbishment for a tired ol’ car can be just the thing to make it look and feel young again.
And just think - it would be living smack dab in between 2 of the greatest Cougar places on the planet: Cascade Classics and WCCC.

I don’t expect you to make any hasty decisions on this. Just mull it over for a while and let me know what you think, maybe in an hour or so? :buck:
I’d like to give the wife the good news before bedtime :stormzap1:

Been pondering for a while and my decision is:

Ehhh, nahhhhhhhhhh.

What I would like to find is a 1967 or 1968 XR7 that is not in too bad a shape. I am disabled and cannot do lots of work on it.

Thanks
Fran

Hey Fran,
You might want to create a new thread in the “Classic Cougars Wanted” forum heading.

9F91H, Dude, that is not even funny, You do have a nice garage of projects! I’m glad to se that I’m not the only one to appreciate the big bodied Mercs.

I love full size Mercs. I ordered a rotisserie a couple weeks ago to start progress on my 68 Monterey. I hit a deer about 3 years ago and started taking the car apart. The 69 SS ended up taking the focus of efforts, so the Monterey sat. Before it melts into the ground I want resume the progress.

There was a movie that came out in '09 called Taking Woodstock. It was filmed about 30 miles from my house. I responded to an ad in the local Wheeler Dealer magazine that they were looking for old cars to be in a movie. Well, they used my Monterey a few times. The movie mostly sucked.

Here is the best scene of the Monterey:

God’damned hippies:

The car did have some damage when I got it back. Mostly the passenger side door panel. They sent the panel to SMS in Oregon and it came back looking really nice. So nice, that I had to send the other 3 panels to them to make them all match.

Hopefully this car will get done within a year or so.

Thats a nice 68, I know Don’s the guy to go to for Cougars but where do you pic up parts for these dinosaurs? I am looking for a front drivers side turn signal lense and can’t find it anywhere. SalD

Not sure. one of the front lenses on my 68 is wrong. Probably a place like Mercuryland—I know they were selling the business, so not sure if parts are still available. Or, Big-M in California. IMOA might have some other resources. I haven’t needed much for the 68 so far, but I occasionally check e-bay for parts.