Cougar Colors

Hallo,

I am currently in the progress of having my 1970 Xr7 repainted. It will get a black vinyl top and for the color I am not sure yet.
My current favorite is red, but there are many reds available and therefore my question:

Do you have any pictures of Cougars in red or dark green (or other colors you like) where you know what exact color is on it? That would be really helpfull!

Thanks a lot!

Timon

I think that the color choice should be yours to make, because you are the one that has to live with it.
If you don’t care if it is a factory color for that year, I would drive around to some of the new car lots and look at what colors are on new cars, and pick one like I did, I found I liked the 2005 Reo Red

http://www.dcconline.org/events/20060602.html

Thanks for you reply!

For sure the choice is mine to make and I dont want you guys to make it for me, but I am looking for some inspiration.
Currently I like burnt orange.

Do you have pictures of cougars in this color? I cant find many with google!

Thanks a lot!

Timon

Here is one for you.

Is this the factory burnt orange or an aftermarket color?

Thank you for the pictures! Looks nice!

That looks to me it’s not the original burnt amber color, which was a bit more gold by comparison. For an idea of that, look at the header on the WCCC site.

No burnt orange color was offered from the factory in 67 or 68 so it’s hard to say what color is actually on the pictured Cougar.

Yep, not original color and I don’t remember what color the owner told me it is. If you want that color in a Ford factory hue from that time period. The closes would be 1969 Cougar “Burnt orange Poly”. In the Mustang it would be “Indian Fire red”.

Here’s mine in Augusta green:

Thanks for the info about the burnt orange!

@wrxr7
That is an awesome color! I really like it!

FYI Mercury’s “Augusta Green” is the same color as Ford’s “Highland Green” as was on the “Bullitt” Mustang. I have to say I’ve always been kind of partial to that color! :wink:

I just wanted to let you know what I finally choose:

Competition Gold :slight_smile:

That looks very nice Timon. :slight_smile: John

Thank you John!

I am really happy with my choice!

You can look at modern paints (2014-2008ish) here:

http://www.ppgpaintit.com/Collision.aspx?Year=2014&Brand=PPGNA

Good choice :slight_smile: