Cougar in Captivity

I accidentally came across a video on Youtube showcasing this beautiful Cougar that then lead me to this site. I haven’t been an active participant of an auto forum like this in years (just groups on Facebook). Nor have I been actively “in a relationship” with my Cougar for years!

Back in 1972, my Dad traded a buddy his El Camino for the 69 Cougar that originally came out of California. However it had lived a long and hard life in the midwest as the family car for nearly 16 years. From there it became a father and son project and I acquired her in 1988. Driving her all through high school and a couple years down south while serving a tour in the Army.

I had picked up 1988 Pontiac Firebird while serving and thus had my dad come down to drive her home. Unfortunately she through a rod in the Winsdor (not original either) in the drive back. We later acquired a 351 C out of a '73 Torino that became a larger project than either of us were willing to tackle.

She’s been in my Grandmother’s barn or my cousin’s shed ever since. I’ve had many inquiries over the years in selling but figure it isn’t costing me anything to keep her around.

The last photo I took of her earlier this year.

Welcome aboard and thanks for posting the picture.

You wouldn’t happen to have the door tag information would you?

Always fascinating to see how our Cougars came equipped from the factory and good to add your VIN to the National Database if it’s not there already.

BTW, it was a white, standard '69 that my dad bought new when he came home from Viet-Nam that started my whole love affair.

• Phillip

I do not have the door tag information as the car is being stored back in my home town some 250 miles away. The original color came in the olive green color. White was just a good alternative to hide defects when my Dad and I started rebuilding it.