Daily Driver 67 Cougar

Hey guys, I am new to this forum so here is the details of my car. Its a 67, it had a 289 with a two barrel, power steering, power brakes, AC, and a radio. It was an automatic but I have converted it to a t5. Not sure of it’s original color, I would have to check the vin, but now it is black with black interior.
It has been my daily driver since 2014 and I have enjoyed every minute of it.

Lets see some more pictures.

Cool shot! Welcome.

Great picture and nice to hear that there are other working cats out there. How many miles have you logged so far?

I have logged 40,000 miles on it since 2014. It will slowly get better as I keep doing little things to it while I am in college. This morning I installed 3.80/1 gears, and I hope to build a monte carlo bar and subframe connectors this week for it.

Right on for the daily driver! I could never have the nerve to daily an older car in this city, too much risk of someone hitting you or stealing it! Biggest fear would be getting hit and having to have it fixed not too mention the safety level in an accident isn’t the greatest in these classics.

I drive mine a few times per week. Getting the electrical stuff right is especially important.

I agree. It’s also important that all the little stuff works, like door locks, window cranks, etc. On a show car, no one sees stuff like that, but on a daily basis, those things can drive you nuts. Silencing squeaks and rattles is also high on my priority list.

I’m in my vehicle right now. Thursday and Friday are my days off & I’m headed to get lunch.

Yorgle and Wesley,

What insurance do you have? I’ve been struggling to find an insurance that will cover my '69 for an agreed value as a daily, especially since I don’t have another car under a regular insurance plan.

Thanks!

F23

I have West Bend Mutual and they agreed to a stated value, but our agent is my wife’s uncle so he probably was able to pull some strings.

Hagerty, which specializes in classic cars.

I’m paying Assurant $100 per year for coverage of the cat.
Assurant Customer Service 1-866-344-2527

This is my first day on this forum. I had a $30,000 policy on the 70 sport roof mustang I built for my wife. I had the policy through Shelter insurance here in Fayettville Tennessee and it was about $42 a month. I am going Friday to get a policy to cover my 67 cougar I am starting this way I am covered during my build. Hope this helps

Welcome, neighbor. I’m in Franklin, TN.
Good luck on the build. Hope to see her on the road soon.