Drag Cat vs GT500

Track Rental Test nTune at Lebanon Valley Dragway…have the mangy DragCat dialed in and deadnutz consistent running 4 of 5 10.53 passes ! Here is a clip of the last pass of the day …hurting somthing as I turned onto the return road. The 1 pass of the day was a very very loose10.7 skating all over the big end…I know after watching endless episodes of Street Outlaws my mid 10 pas is not going to aired on the Discovery channel…lol I have attached the clip so you can see what the GT500 is capable of…The Shelby goes by me just after I reach the stripe at 152 MPH @ 10.04 !
Holy Cow !
https://youtu.be/39C9cSTrKwo

Yikes! A little different from my 14.00 car.

That’s some strong running! Any progress on that noise?

R.B.

Yes…sadly …its Fatal…#4 intake valve head snapped off…effectively killing the 393 Stroker and AFD SP3V head that was " easily" pushing the car to mid 10’s
Im down …but not out…I have a 408 stroker …also recovering from a valve drop…sigh

HolyCowYikesMySympathiesWowThat’sDestruction.

One ruined head, yes…but great news that you have a 408 in the wings!

R.B.

It’s awesome to see the drag cat racing. Sorry that your engine let loose. Gotta pay to play…

I will be clawing my way back…I have a Stock Stroke .030 over 4V OC engine with nice port work and Roush Stuffers with a .700 lift solid Roller Cam, Roush A351 intake…ready to go in…but…I have decided to wait for the 408 to be re-assembled and install that …I will be removing the hydraulic roller csm set up and replacing it with a custom flat tappet cam from Cam Dynamics. Likely pulling the 4:30 locker center section and putting in the 4:86 spool I have waiting. The car foot braking to 1.45 60 ft times with Competition Engineering Slide a Links with steel spacers installed. I love the way the car launched with the previous set up and its heartbreaking that the cat was so consistent running 10.53 with a range of .004 on the 4 of the last 5 passes. I wonder how the dude in the GT 500 felt on the short end watching the pressboard faux tail light lens mangy drag cat gapping him past the 1/8. TRUE he rolled by me with a 25 mph difference in the video…but even though I went RED on that pass by … .043…having to use every dime of that 50K Shelby to catch me had to have made him think a little