Eliminators on the Market (August 2018)

And it is back again. I guess the $8800 sale did not go through. Or it was just a sham bid. This car has been relisted on ebay. Now up to $5200.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95
[/quote]

Ended at $5200 reserve not met. It has been relisted on ebay again.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95
[/quote]

I think Mike and Tim may have a hard time selling this one…
[/quote]

I guess that depends upon how much they think they must have to let it go. It had “sold” on ebay for $8800 a while ago. What happened to that sale? Did the buyer back out? Was it just shill bidding to inflate the value of the car? Either way in my opinion $8800 was WAY more than the car is worth in its current condition. The next time it was listed the bidding ended at $5200 with the reserve not met. So they think that the car is worth more than $5200, in my opinion that is still WAY too much for what you are getting. My thinking is that this seller is going to be looking at this car being in their possession for a long time.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

I’m surprised this is still on market! Owner tells me he made the following mods.

.030" over bore, forged pistons
crank machined
Isky cam
new intake
Holyl hi-vol oil pump
custom radiator
trans replaced with C-6
Diff replaced with traction-lok 3.25

Do these mods devalue an Eliminator?

IMO, not at the price he is asking. Most of those mods are not visible, so wouldn’t count against you if you prefer a “Stock” appearance. The rear end would be a common change / upgrade, and not visible. The radiator could be easily changed out for a factory appearing radiator - or even a recored original, if you prefer. The C6… well, there goes your prospect of being “numbers matching”. But you can find a correct FMX pretty easily.

Like I said though, I think for the price this is a great “starter” / project that you can put back on the road and use “as is”, and even do some easy work to bring it back closer to stock appearing. Plus you get bragging rights when people ask “is it a real Eliminator??” Damn straight it is :wink:

M.

Thanks Bill. Another thing to add to my “after I win the lottery list”

Good morning everyone. New to the forum here. I am looking at purchasing the 1969 Eliminator in Minnesota mentioned above. The VIN # is 9F91M579630. Talked with the owner and he says the car has never been wrecked to his knowledge. Car has been garage kept and driven ever so often through ownership. Extra pictures sent only shows minor to mild rust rust on the rear quarters, rust on the exterior of one door at the bottom and flash rust on the running gear under neath. Owner and pictures say floor pans are in good shape. Any information or knowledge about this vehicle is greatly appreciated.

I haven’t actually seen the car in person, and I don’t have anything beyond the current info as far as sales / owner history goes. If you need more info beyond what we’ve already discussed, I encourage you to call Dave Wyrwas, the Eliminator Registry Registrar, and talk to him about the car.

Good luck with your Eliminator quest, and let us know how it goes!

M.

OK. Thank you.

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/?adtypeFacet=Vehicles%20for%20Sale&pub=mus&makeFacet=Mercury&year_min=1969&year_max=1970
There are a lot cats that are on auctions right now.