First cougar project

It’s interesting to see a DSO 54 Seattle district car ordered for a Southern California dealer. I wonder if it was ordered by a military personnel and was going to be registered in Washington state?
That is going to be a sweet Cougar when your done. Nice color combination and power train.

I think it is smart to race to the finish line so you can actually drive the car sooner than later. If you wait until everything falls perfectly in place and you have enough money years can slip by. When that happens it is easy to lose ambition and potentially bail on the project.

Don do you still sell driver quality blemished bumpers?

This is lovely. I wish i had that space too :frowning:

Man, I’m JEALOUS! Just started my 69’ convertible and I wish mine was an easy as yours! Keep the updates coming.

From what I learned from my last failure to restore.

Replace ALL wiring with new stuff, preferably a OEM type replacement. Generic painless wiring harnesses can be more difficult.

Plug and play is best.

Electronics are always in a conspiracy to humiliate you. :wink:

What OEM types are available?

Here’s one.

https://secure.cougarpartscatalog.com/xr7wire.html?attribs=87

Search under dash wiring harness.

Things are looking up anyone installed their own vinyl top?

Very nice!!!

Starting to take shape feels good going back together. Will be ready for the restored bumpers and vinyl top.

That color looks awesome! I’d be tempted to leave off the vinyl top if I were you, but I know it’s kinda late for that. I went through that debate on mine, but originality won out, so I get it. Have fun with the reassembly! It’s like a big Lego set.

Installed the vinyl top this weekend

Job well done! Two thumbs up

Nice work, looks great!