For sale vehicles......One of my biggest pet peeves......

Yes, as previously mentioned, “Ran when parked.”

The other one I’ve seen a lot lately is “Engine runs, just needs to be put back together and installed in car.”

I don’t really want to sell. I’m just testing the waters.

Translation: Let me yank you around while you stroke me and tell me how great and desirable my car is.

I hate it when I go to look at a car to find it has a Blue plastic tarp over it and it is apparent it has been like that for years.
Owner"It is a nice car"
Me “how long has it been since you had the tarp off of it?”
Owner " Oh, maybe 5 or 6 years"
Me, “Oh, it use to be a nice car”
Owner What are you talking about! It’s great car.
Me, Lets get the tarp off of it"
Owner, after removing the tarp, “What the HELL happened to my car?”
Me, You put a plastic tarp over it to hold in the moisture and iot is not longer a nice car"

“…one owner car.”

“So, what can you tell me about the history of it?”
“Not much really…”

Hmmm…I guess one owner means just one owner AT A TIME…

doesn’t pertain to a selling term. But this one always gives me a laugh. “I’m building a budget race car”.

That is like political intelligence, kind of an oxymoron.

Gary

“It’s got an Elderbrock carb and a Hertz shifter.”

“No tire kickers and I don’t need help selling!”

This just in…all three of my favorites all wrapped up in one CL ad!

https://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/bar/d/1965-galaxie-factory-code-4/6636532421.html

For histaricial purposes I am copieing that add here…

I have a 1965 Ford galaxie this is a factory 4 speed 390 car which was in my grandmothers garage for 30 years before I decided to remove it one problem is I never got title from my uncle before his unexpected passing however anyone with a little bit of sec. of state knowledge knows that it wouldn’t b any work at all to get title I just haven’t bothered because it’s in my possession and it’s not near the point in my eyes to even worry about…anyway when I took possession it had incorrect trans which I found and purchased it still has z bar and linkage( one piece I had to fabricate but just like original) even the clutch assist spring which if you know this car was only for like 2 years which was a p.i.t.a to find but I did and have ( and no I’m not talking about the long spring that is a dime a dozen) so where was I oh… I have a 390 that can go with the car BUT I also have a .060 over 390 with ported factory 406 tripower heads with oversized valves typically scj valves are used but these intake valves are actually a little larger j think a Mopar valve size I don’t remember off hand but larger! It has a solid flat tappet cam shaft which I can get details for and rotating assembly has been internally balanced OH I ALMOST FORGOT it has a 428 crankshaft and for those of you who know about the balancing of these cranks well let’s just say it has 300 bucks worth of Mallory in it oh and dual quad Edelbrock intake with two Edelbrock carbs sitting on top with camp cam roller rockers the only thing engine needs is the end stands machined and fitted along with pushrods. Just testing the waters to see what is out there I know what I have invested and know what these parts are worth. I’m more into 4x4’s than Hotrods at this point in life and would really like an international scout 80 or 800 but would entertain k5 blazer, ramcharger, or bronco and please no basket cases as this is a good solid project with lots of moneys worth of parts.

And his pictures;

Ya got ta love that dual quad Edelbrock intake with two Edelbrock carbs sitting on top … Not to mention I’m not so sure it is the same engine in both pictures.

Sorry Bill…no price tag

It would appear that English classes have fallen victim to school funding cuts.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

You are correct.

Another classic is “my loss, your gain”

How about when they say “I have $xx,xxx dollars ‘invested.’”?

Now you don’t.

That’s how much you spent that you’ll NEVER get back. MORON!

“Ran when parked” tells me that the powertrain was working,along with the brake and suspension systems being O.K.But why was the car parked?
There must be a million reasons-job loss or transfer,loss of a loved one,owner injured and can no longer drive.It can go on and on.
A car in that condition has to be looked at in person if offered for sale whether across the street or across the country.Sometimes a pleasant surprise awaits.

I wish I had Lou’s optimism and faith in human nature.

I hate the new trend “Pics for attention” and they post a picture of some random other car that looks immaculate but is the complete opposite of what they’re selling.

To tell the truth, I have very little faith in human nature these days and the screwed up world we live in. But a car for sale can have a million stories to go with it.
And make no mistake in that a lot of cars,not all, are junk.
Pay attention to the “3Rs”-R-ust, R-are and R-estored. Proceed with caution.

This one today – selling to pay for college, but will trade for Nova, Impala, Camaro or dirt bikes.

Also the classic, A/C, not hooked up

I’m selling my 1968 mustang to pay for college
Daily driver car
Mustang has bluetooth radio with a memphis speaker setup. Power steering, all new interior, Origanal a/c car, not hooked up at the moment.

Rebuilt 302
Aluminum heads
Edelbrock intake
Hooker headers
Medium cam
625cfm carb
Msd ignition

C4 transmission/has a shift kit.
Great driveing car, would only trade for a nova. Classic impala or Camaro. dirtbikes Thanks