French Cougar Fan

Bonjour tous le monde

Je me présente , je m’appelle Philippe LACROIX . J’ai 30 ans . Je suis de Lyon en France . Et voici ma Mercury Cougar de 1969 avec un 351 ci Windsor.
J’ai besoin de conseils pour la restauration de ma voiture alors n’hésiter pas a me contacter.

Uploading: IMG_20211231_144133.jpg…

Phil, I would learn French just to get to see that car… :wink:

Thanks for sharing, and best wishes!!

1 Like

Bienvenue à bord. Postez plus de photos de votre voiture.

The engine bay

1 Like

some rust on the floor of the trunk. I’ve rust on the driver side floor, on the corner of the rear glass and on the door but just a bubble.

1 Like

And me i’d like to move in usa to drive old us cars.

1 Like

Friday i ll take a lot of pictures and send it here.

Floor pans are a pain. Nice looking car though!!

Can’t wait to get mine back on the road. =)

1 Like

My daily driver
A Peugeot 205 1124 cc engine 4 cylinder, one single carburetor. 55 horsepower :sweat_smile:

1 Like

i’ve bought panel to fix it the floor.

Last summer , my stepfather drive my car to go at his work.

The video of the car when i bought it in June 2017.
I’ve bought in Oregon .

I just sold this '85 Celica GTS recently. I got it out of a field where it had been sitting for years, in 2019! My wife and I drove it all the way to California and back on a 5,000 mile road trip right after I got it running again.

I drove it daily, intending to keep it until I got my Cougar running again, but the engine has taken forever. It’s still at the machinist now. When the sunroof failed and stuck “open” I decided to sell the Celica so that it wouldn’t be ruined. The buyer flew two friends all the way out from Seattle, and they drove it back home from my house in Kansas.

Wow. This is awesome. It’s a beautiful car and the engine is very solid. 5000 miles is a very long trip.

1 Like

I had a 1984 Celica GT-S When I was much younger. Of all the cars that I had in my youth, the Celica would be my favorite.

1 Like

Thanks, guys. It was tough letting her go! I just couldn’t let it go to waste, and I don’t have the finances to get both my beloved '67 Cougar and the Celica fixed up at the same time.

With the choice of Veronica (my XR7 Cougar), or the Celica, of course I chose Veronica. We’ve got too much history, and frankly, as much as I truly loved the Celica, I am even more deeply passionate about my old Merc.

Bonjour, bienvenue au club de Cougar 69 ! Cela fait longtemps que je n’ai pas traversé Lyon (j’ai souvent conduit les Asturies à Paris, mais Lyon est un grand détour).

I wrote that out using my French from school/ and from crossing the border from Spain… then I wrote it into the web translator …. and it looked nothing like what I wrote… :thinking: best stick with the tech translated!

That is a great daily driver….Don’t worry, we had a car written off by hail… so whilst waiting for a new car, my daily driver for the last six months is our farm $hitter!!! 1989, unleaded, 8 valves, 1.6L, and a half kilo carb hidden under kilo of hoses!

I am inexplicably fond of that thing!

Lovely looking Cougar!

1 Like