Hills, Valleys, Creeks and Vales

Finally got back on the road…. A shake down run. Then a small run to the National Motor Museum in Birdswood

Got badgered into taking the eldest boy to the local skatepark… by local, two towns away through Chain Of Ponds … it wasn’t hard to twist my arm, a 30km round trip on a fantastic driving road.

Got stuck behind some woke pelicans on the way back… In the cheapest Chinese Electric Vehicle sold in Oz, refused to use the turnouts and let me though… to teach my loud V8 a lesson I guess. Just bided my time until the overtaking lane… the two enviro-ferals with manicured beards were going off like a frog in a sock as I passed them … go figure. Life is too short…

Been super busy, basically got a few drives in when I could…

Time has been hard to come by with some property projects.

Anyhow , recently I did have my little country Car Club’s Show and Shine. Needing my log books signed anyway, I took the drive from the Adelaide Hills to the Barossa Valley and took a 3/4 day for myself.

I won’t bore you with all the Aussie Fords

Nor all the Mustangs

Anyhow, having given my girl a quick chamois… I saw a competitor picking flies out his radiator with tweezers!

When you saw my class (“American Other”-than Mustangs) and that level of persnickety detail… I knew my 20 footer had two kinds of hope…. Bob Hope and No Hope! (And we all know Bob Hope is dead…)

Don’t need a trophy with such fun drives on flowing country roads amongst the vineyards!

2 Likes

I saw the title for this thread and thought “hmmmm, someone is showcasing my body work skills…”

Cool pictures. What is the wagon behind the 1969 Mach 1? That hood is from a Falcon? Looks interesting.

If it is the brown station wagon, that looks like an XB Falcon GS wagon, although it appears to have the GT blackout on the bonnet. It would have likely been a 302 Cleveland from factory (which strokes out as it is a short stroked 351 Clevo). That is the correct bonnet (hood) apart from the blackout. On XA’s only GTs got NACA vents, by XB it was the Mustang style on GT/GS with twist pins, by XC I think all V8 had those scoops no pins.

The name on the thread relates to where I live, many of the leading wine regions of the “new world” are clustered around me. Valleys (Barossa, Eden, Clare), Adelaide Hills, Creeks (Langhorne, Currency), Maclaren Vale etc.

To be honest the title is naff, however the purpose of the car is to get us between wine regions and cellar doors. After a couple of years getting it on the road… that was the concept I was trying to sell to my wife! So it became the name of my drive thread.

2 Likes

Awesome car, fun roads, beautiful views, car shows, and wineries! I like that concept too. Thanks for the pics and enjoy!

The end of the South Australian cruising season is upon us, I have basically done small trips, some small cruises with Aussie Classics… but I finally got to my first Adelaide American car cruise of the season ( the sixth and last one)

Drove into the car park a little early, spotted a couple of cougars in the distance and parked nearby. They were sandwiched by other cars so I parked up a couple down near a Convertible Camaro.

I have only ever been in the presence of one other Cougar at any one time… so this was a treat!

A short time later there were four!

Some other cars, I have a soft spot for Flaming Chickens…

I ended up in a Cobra sandwich…

There were heaps of other cars, but I had a little sign on mine which meant this time was more talking than photos.

Anyway, for reasons outside of my control, I am having to consider selling her, this could have been my last cruise… happy to take expressions of interest from Australian folk.

Great story and pics, thanks for sharing.

Thanks for sharing the story and pics! Sorry to hear you might be selling that cool cat.

I also like the flaming chickens and recently found this pic of Burt and Sally filming in the one that started the pin striped t-top craze! I bet they totally trashed that car.

Not a red Camaro convertible, that is a 1968 Pontiac Firebird convertible.
Nice selection of American classics!

Hope the best for you and the Cougar!!!