Holley carburetor has the flu and won't stop vomiting fuel

No 2 sets will sit the same. It will help you to get a book like this,
https://www.ebay.com/p/248395?iid=283296666408&chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=283296666408&targetid=595076273728&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=&poi=&campaignid=6470474296&mkgroupid=76413868734&rlsatarget=aud-497631946031:pla-595076273728&abcId=1140476&merchantid=135984460&gclid=Cj0KCQjw84XtBRDWARIsAAU1aM0VQQgJvYNBPNT2ZgiQ_eph8_H4GLWt7STbGviHcBsvIBZbBz-Y-fMaAvSNEALw_wcB

At this time you have them set too high causing the float bowl to over fill. The carb kit you bought should have had instructions on setting them as well. Read through the instructions and follow them for lowering the float level. But you should get the book and do some reading there as well.
Good luck.

Issue is I can’t even begin to adjust the floats to the proper level the correct way because it won’t stop pouring fuel out. That’s why I set them back initially where they were and no matter whether I raise or lower the float it won’t quit spewing fuel.

Is there an initial rough setting/number of turns in to start? I can’t have it shooting out fuel while I’m trying to set the floats.

I know how to adjust the floats and there are plenty of online tutorials and videos for reference. Problems are that the front float is not adjustable at all currently and stays on the floor of the carburetor no matter what. I have the rear float adjusted fine. Other issue is the fuel line will not separate to let me pull the bowl to see what is needed. I’m about ready to cut it off.

Sounds like your front float has a hole in it, you’ll have to get that front bowl off to check it.

Bizarre as it sounds, I did have a composition float fail once in a center-hung Holley. The brass ones can develop a puncture, naturally, but as far as the foam (composition) ones go, there you go with my incident. Symptoms matched yours.

Time to replace floats.

Replaced front float. Runs just fine knock on wood. Bought a brand name Holley and a Demon brand float. Holley was $14. Demon $9. They are identical. Same stampings finish everything other than the packaging.

That’s great! It’s also refreshing you could run out and buy them locally. You do live in a civilized area of the country, though!

Unless the old float had fuel in it. (sloshes around and leaks out a little) you are going to have the same issue unless you did the o-rings on the needle and seat assemblies.

Old float had fuel in it. I had already done the needle and seats which was probably not needed.