I love new toys.

Congrats. She’s a beauty!

Quick question… how hard was it to remove the cowl cover?
I’d love to try that on our 67. Is it do-able?

In your case it is a LOT of work. The cowl cover on a 67-68 is welded in place. So if you want to remove it you will be drilling out a LOT of spot welds. For the 69-70 Cougars the cowl cover is bolted on and very easy to remove. If you do a search on here you will find several threads (probably in the projects section) where the cowl cover on a 67-68 has been removed to do repairs under it. That will really show you how much work it is.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

Yikes. I don’t want to/need to get in there THAT much.
I thought, if it was as easy as it is for the 69/70’s, I’d give it a go with my son.

Thanks.

I picked up a new control valve locally and look, it fits!

I’ll be finishing this job up this weekend. WIth a nice sunny day I have outside projects that need to be done.

what was wrong with it, just curious.

I don’t think the threads were cut all the way down.

I went back to work on the power steering, I installed the power ram and went on to the little hoses between the control valve and the ram. I had 2 sets of new hoses that I had gotten in a large parts deal from a estate. They are Gates hoses and do not work well. So I have a set of correct “Concourse” hoses coming. I have “Concourse” Pump to control valve hoses. I was going to rebuild the pump in the car but decided to get a new one. It should be here next week
Compair Gates hose with original

I don’t think I really needed to take it this far apart to remove the power steering pump, But you will notice the overheat telltale device on the head, I did not know this was here. I may also go ahead and remove the water pump and do a timing chain, I have a new set here.

But while I’m at it I may as well clean and detail the front of the engine and all the parts.

Most of the brackets have a real crusty layer of “Crap” on them.

I have most of the parts scraped as well as they would and are now soaking and I’ll clean them up this weekend.

I made some progress on this “so called Power Steering rebuild” in the last few days. I got all the parts detailed, and started installing the A/C parts I removed from the engine so I could get the P/S pump off. It too a lot of work to get the crud off the old parts. I also found a few fasteners were missing.
Parts drying. the A/C opening covers are for my Yellow Q code car.

Waiting for final assembly and installation.

Even though this area in the engine is hard to see with al the A/C stuff installed, I thought is needed a little paint.

And this is how it looks now. Still more to do here before I raise it back up and finish running the P/S lines and bleed and purge the system.

I hope to finish up the install tomorrow. But may not be able to do the bleed and purge for a few more days. I have the new brake parts for my Miata arriving Monday and need to get that done ASAP too.
Have fun folks.

Like every thing in life, I didn’t get back to this until recently. I got all the parts back on the front of the engine and did an oil change. I bleed the power steering per instructions. then started the engine and purged it out. It works nicely, but…

I can not get the return line fitting on the control valve to quit leaking. It is as tight as I can get it.
I am thinking about ordering another line. Any thoughts?

I found a new home for Maryann this morning. The new owner is a member here and may chime in when he wishes. I Think she has a good home.

Congratulations, Neal! I may be seeing you soon if transport is still needed.

My convertible has moved to her new home.

I hope to see this looking good sometime in the future.

Wait; there’s more to the story.
I sold this to Dave almost a year ago, and he has been working hard on her.

Can you believe this is the same car?

I’ll add more pictures of this when I get them. Dave did a fine job of making the ugly duckling in to a Swan.

Very nice indeed! We’re going to require a lot more pics though!

Can you believe this is the same car?

No, I demand more proof :mrgreen: