Ian Victim Repairable?

best bet keep the car strip interior and wash it down, I suggest pine sol in a decent power washer, underneath, inner doors and quarters get salt off inspect under the seats and clean the salt off, carpet is done. 3 feet well battery dist and ignition gauges seems above water
if you have good inner rockers get a hole saw with size of one of the medium plugs and wash then out ya may be able There are (I guess) experts with restoring a flooded classic the problem is the salt. I have seen some salted vehicles make it back, God Bless you

1 Like

Hey, fuggedaboudit! Once they are under salt water, it is a lost cause! Reference Isabel, under salt water in 2003 by the hurricane of the same name. As you can plainly see, a lost cause… :wink:

All kidding aside, anything can be fixed. Whether or not it makes sense to do so is a much larger topic (and one that everyone has an opinion on).

Regards,

Robert

2 Likes

That’s a real beauty! Did you have to do a total restoration?

I found the flood victim on Copart.

Good job finding it!

1970 MERCURY COUGAR for Sale | FL - PUNTA GORDA SOUTH | Fri. Oct 21, 2022 - Used & Repairable Salvage Cars - Copart USA

It mentions the flood damage.

Yes. And then some.

1 Like

70CougarConvertible,
Sorry for your loss. Any chance you would be willing to share how much the insurance company gave you for the payout?
I have the auction saved in my CoPart acount and considering bidding on the car.
Thanks,
Antonio

The “estimated retail value” specified in the listing is what I had the car insured for. Good luck to you or whoever gets this car.