looking for a cougar. need advice. what's this one worth??

You were asking about tranny’s, weren’t you? If you by chance meant transmission, my mistake… :buck:

Its 2013… ask for high rez pics and video to be emailed to you. Ask for shots of the floor pans, rockers, inside the trunk and the trunk drop offs. If it was me, knowing what can happen to cars in Indy, (rust!) I’d also ask to see CLEAR, IN FOCUS pics of the roof and the shock towers.
If you are close enough, I’d just go look at the car…

LMAO, i needed that tranny joke after today :clap: im just wondering how long it took you to find a clean picture after typing tranny into Google images…or did you just happen to have that guy on deck, saved on the computer.

im in fort wayne. ive been driving all over looking for mustangs and i am kinda burned out on dragging a trailer all over just to be let down by some well taken craigslist pictures. ill shoot him an email asking for more pictures before i make a move.

That picture has surfaced here many times. :laughing:
Welcome to the Classic Cougar Community!
Steven

Little further to drive but looks like a heck of a deal at $4,500. You can talk to Cougar Bill as well and he will give all the honest details. cougar_bill@yahoo.com

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/3839928055.html

1969 XR-7 Hardtop
I’m selling this for a friend.

1969Mercury Cougar XR-7

351Windsor with FMX Automatic Transmission - Both Rebuilt!

Now is a 351Windsor Stroker Crate motor with approx. 500 miles on it.

Transmission was originallyan FMX, but now has a rebuilt C-6 small block one piece automatic transmission.

Stealth “ “ aluminum intake manifold

Edlebrock 1319barrel carburetor

Motor sports cap& plug wires

Doors have beenconverted to 1970 bolt thru style glass with all 4 side pieces and mechanicals

New items with the car

Interior

Front seat topsin Medium Saddle. No seat bottoms, justtops. - Not installed

White headliner (spraycans to match seats are included) - Not installed

Body beltlineweather strip kit (8 piece) - Not installed

Black carpet withbacking - Not installed

Body

Front “Ford”windshield “Sun_X” – Tinted

4 core 24” heavyduty radiator (re-cored with original “tanks”)

Gas tank

Starter

4 - KYB Gasshocks New Dual Exhaust system - manifolds to rear bumper. New chrome tips & hangers

Rims – “XR” 16”x8”

Front tires215-50-16 Hankook

Rear tires255-50-16 Yokahama

Suspension - Front New - Upper A-arms, lower control arms, strut rod bushings,coil springs, sway bar bushings

Rear-New - Leaf springs, rubberpads, rear shackles and front bushings & bolts

Engine

NEW

Crate motor 351/427Stroker

Edlebrock 1319Carb

MSD Distributor& Coil

Weiand StealthAlum Intake

NEEDS

Oil pan - drain boltleaks - New pan is needed

Right rear wheelcylinder leaks

Total body work& paint- Some body work has been started. The body was stripped of paintand dent repairs were being done. It isnot finished, but a coat of black paint was applied or surfaces would haverusted.

ISSUES

Power steeringwas removed and a manual steering converter was installed

Car needsinterior finished

Needs body andpaint

The one in Denver looks like it has a cooked interior. Keep in mind a pair of door panels, dash pad and steering wheel can cost you $1500 and the rest of the interior can add up to $1500 real quick when you are doing things like pulling glass to install a headliner. Go West my friend… For $7500 you can in time find a turn key, rock solid driver for under $8k. Stick around here and you will find guys that will be happy to be your eyes. Patience pays off in this game.

So it will cost $7500 to find one for under $8000? That’s $15,500! :buck:

Must be that west coast math.

Chuckle!

Now if Denver were in the travel range here’s a nice 1970 XR7 http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/3785239113.html
He has many more pics available. The interior is green, but super clean!