Lost rear hazards

Ok, so I have no rear tail light hazzard. All others work, signals, running lights work. All bulbs and tss new. All other hazards work expect the tail lights. What do I do?
Alex

I looked at your profile. No mention of what kind of car - maybe a Cougar? What year? If you put your car in your signature everyone will know.

Good idea, will do
1970 cougar conv.

Ok, got some help from my son so have bit more info
No brake lights!
At the red plug have brake signal when pressed
At the red plug, have pulsing power and ground when hazzard are are engaged (3 pronged part)lower 2 ground
I also have,spare sequential box, no change
Have ground at Gas filler
What,do u think the issue is?
Alex

I swapped sequence box, no change, odd??

In one of your previous threads, you replaced the turn signal switch and mentioned that everything was working. Did anything happen between then and now? Any other electrical work performed?

First lets concentrate on getting your brakes working.

At the red plug have brake signal when pressed

There are 3 wires in the red plug that you need to check when the brakes are applied. Circuits 511 (Green) is the brake signal wire from the brake light switch, Circuit 445 (Orange Blue) right inner brake light and provides power for the other 2 right brake lights via the sequencer and Circuit 442 (Green Orange) left inner brake light and provides power for the other 2 right brake lights via the sequencer. From your description it sounds like you are getting power to the 511 circuit but not the 445 and 442 circuits. Note 442 and 445 receive their power directly from the turn signal switch, the middle and outer lights are powered from the 442 and 445 circuits indirectly via the sequencer.

Coach Jack

Hi Jack,after new TTS I had brake lights, most likely didn’t check hazzard
Had not done any electrical work, just removed radio and install shocks
Green wire powered when brake pressed
Nothing on other 2

The 511 circuit from the brake light switch branches out of the turn signal switch are 511 (green), one feeds the sequencer and the other goes to the turn signal switch. Verify that the 511 has power at the turn signal when the brakes are applied.

Coach Jack

How do I do this, am I checking at the plug at the base of the column or do I have to pull the steering wheel?

I pulled the wheel
Have power at Green wire when brake is pressed
Have pulsing +/- when hazzard engaged

OK you verified power to the switch when the brakes are applied, now check for power on Circuit 9/442 (Green Orange) and Circuit 5/445 (Orange Blue) at the turn signal switch with the brakes applied. 511 is the input and 9/442 and 5/445 are the outputs.

Coach Jack

Do not have those exact colors
Have steady power at white/red wire
Have power at Green when brake pressed
Have ground green/ white
Have ground at white /blue
Both light blue wires at end , nada
All above brake pressed, key off

Do not have those exact colors

Your picture shows the wiring at the Emergency Warning switch The colors I am referring to are at the turn signal harness to vehicle harness connector.

Have steady power at white/red wire
Have power at Green when brake pressed

This is good as the white/red is input power from the emergency flasher circuit.
Power at the green wire when brakes applied is also a good indication

Have ground green/ white
Have ground at white /blue

This is nonsensical (these wires are never grounded, either powered or not powered) but stay with me.

Both light blue wires at end , nada

This is ok because you had the key off, If you have the key On, the blue wire will have power supplied from the turn signal flasher circuit.

Your problem appears to be either the wiring plug at the turn signal harness to vehicle harness is wired incorrectly or the turn signal cam is not contacting the brake circuits. Attached is my writeup for the 70 turn signal connector. Have a look through this and if you have any other questions, let me know.

Coach Jack
1970 turn signal switch wiring.pdf (185 KB)

Good morning, I wasn’t sure where you want me to take the test, I will test this morning and report back. I have seen your write up, doesn’t help me since I am no good with electrical
Alex

Have ground at
Green orange
Orange blue
No change when brake is pressed. If I power with probe, both sides light up
Alex

Have ground at
Green orange
Orange blue

Again, this is nonsensical, these two wires either have power or don’t. They should never be grounded. How are you measuring these two wires to say that they are grounded?

If I power with probe, both sides light up

Which wire(s) did you probe with power to get both sides to light up?

You had stated that you changed the switch, which manufacturer and what is the part number?

Coach Jack

I powered up the car side of the connector, green wire, orange strip. Next to that wire is orange wire with blue stripe. Sequence box plugged in.
As for the hazzard part of the tss, I am using power probe. I checked again, the middle wires are ground

Posting picture in a minute

Here is a picture, look at the 2 wires above my thumb, if I power either wire, both banks of tail light go on