My 70 XR7 Convertible with Eliminator mods

I selected the 18 pin and if you click the tab for applications it says:
Year Model Fits
1969 - 1973 COUGAR W/O TACH
1969 - 1973 MUSTANG W/O TACH
1973 - 1987 CHEVY TRUCK
https://www.npdlink.com/store/?p=catalog&mode=newsearch&search_str=14489-10A&parent=0&year=0

Mine is an 18 pin and I do have a Tach so not sure why they specify that it is not for vehicles that have a Tach.

Because they don’t know all of the applications like I do. Both 69 and 70 Mustangs and Cougars used the 18 pin version, regardless of tach or non-tach. The 12 pin version was introduced in 1971, and was used mostly for tach applications, and non-tach applications for many trucks. By the way, it was also used in Camaros and other GM products.

Finished repinning the cluster wires and installing them in the new connector. Pulled the turn signal switch out to check out the damage caused by the shop routing it wrong and now to figure out how I want to fix it, repair the wires or replace the switch assembly again. Also got the cluster finished, new speedometer and fuel gauge and new printed circuit and replaced the bulbs with LED bulbs.

I had to use a razor blade to cut a bit of the laminate away for the bulb socket on the right under the tachometer because when the bulb holder was turned all the way to the locked position the upper contact was on the laminate instead of the trace. Removed some of the laminate to expose more of the trace and problem solved.