New to forum, And cougars.

Congrats on the project :slight_smile:

I see it has slicks and towhooks in the front, what`s the story on this cat ?

I really like the shot in front of the capital or the courthouse building in Jefferson City. Little bit crusty on the torque boxes but I’ve seen worse, nice project.

Tried to post earlier but service in my school is shoddy. It belonged to a friend of my dad, he raced it back on the street back in the late 70s and early 80s before he died :frowning: then another friend of my dads bought it and drove it until the late 80s when he parked it and it sat how you see in the pics. The friend emailed my dad after not having contact with him for around a decade and quizzed him over a few months what he’d do with it, all while not saying who it was, my dad figured it out after a bit (There weren’t many red Xr7 cougars with white and black interiors running around Stl back in the day) and he realized who it was. The car’s extremely sentimental to my dad, and now me also. As for the tow hooks and slicks, the tow hook is a single strap wrapped around the frame to be able to move it and the slicks were just put on to get it to roll. the drums and discs were all locked when we brought it home.