November 2012 Ride of the Month Nominations are Now OPEN

Dig the color and blacked out trim on Coubra…:thumbup:

Wow, this is a TOUGH ONE! G-Force is just an awesome car both in looks and performance… but so is Coubra. Anybody that’s seen the underhood and chassis shots of both cars knows that the mechanicals back up the looks.
Well, when all else fails; go to the eye-candy! Augusta green is a beautiful color on the Cougar body; but that paint on Coubra is fantastic, it looks like a perfectly Cougar-shaped blob of liquid paint is flying past the camera. That’s not an accurate description, but I just poured my second cup of coffee of the morning. It just looks “liquid”.

Plus, you have to give some props for the surgery required to stick a Termie engine in '67 and still keep it road race capable.

I’ll throw in a “third” for Coubra.

Is there more info available somewhere on the Coubra car? It looks beautiful, but I can’t find any write-up on it and curious cats need to know…

There was a thread about it on the other site.

A post from Coubra.

Hello Cougar folks. This is my first post. Tomcat told me about the site so I took a look and signed up. I’m also a CCOA, SVT, Ford Racing, and Northwoods Shelby club member.

The '68 with the '99 Cobra is mine. I’ve been at it for 6+ years as a full rotisserie restomod in my garage. It was a standard coupe bought for my son as his high school graduation present in '94. He drove it through college and it became my project when the motor let go and he needed to get to grad school. It had a 302 4V, auto, air, vinal top, and was a very solid but previously hit (a few times) west Texas desert car - so I didn’t ruin anything “valuable.”

The front end is a Rod & Custom Motorsport coil over with 2" drop spindles and 1" sway bar. The rear is a 9" with a rebuilt 4:11 traction lok. It has a Stam Bar 7/8" rear sway bar and Traction Master traction bars for the retro look.

The engine management system is from The Detail Zone and it uses the stock PCM reprogrammed by them to add and delete functions. I fabricated the panel behind the seat to mount the PCM and junction panel for the system.

The engine’s supposedly got 4K miles on it and the only mods are EGR delete and a BBK underdrive pulley kit. I should be able to squeez some more out of it with the Predator tuner. The trans is a T45 with a custom mount that I fabricated myself. The shifter’s a Steeda with an old Hurst arm and handle - again for the retro look.

I would have liked to push the engine/trans back further than it is, but I’m using the heater and AC and needed the room for the hardware. Hot and sweaty is not the wife’s (nor my) idea of a good time. I just bought electric windows for it too.

The body’s basically stock with Lizard Skin sprayed on the interior, exterior bottom, the rear wheel wells, the fire wall, and the interior of the top. I’ve not used it before, so I’ll let you know how it performs once the car’s done. The subframes are tied (welded) and I’ve built some custom braces on the front to stiffen it up with the shock towers gone. Alston supplied the 4-point roll bar.

I got the electric fuel pump, fuel tank pick-up, regulator, and tubing from Ron Morris Performance. I’m also using his clutch cable conversion and rear axle tie-down plates. Nice stuff.

Someone said they like the color. Thanks - it’s 2006 Mercury Mountaineer redfire. All the brightwork is powder coated satin black except for the bumpers that I got from John’s Classic Cougars - they may end up black too. It’s sort of being built to look like an old Trans Am car with a '69/'70 Eliminator scoop.

I’ll post pictures as it progresses. The goal is to have it at the World of Wheels, Green Bay, WI in March for one show. After that, I drive the snot out of it on the street, the strip, and road race tracks with the SVT and Shelby boys…

That’s an impressive list of goodies Coubra has put together. Thanks for posting the link and write up zman :thumbup: .

That is a tough choice, both nice cars. Sorry TMH I didnt notice your post before I gave a third on Rockets cat.
I would sure like to see more pictures of Coubras car.