October 2012 Ride of the Month is: Scott F's '68 XR7-G!

Congrats on the win, what a beautufull cat, well deserved :beerchug:

Gorgeous car Scott! Congratulations!

Super nice G! Love that blue!

Wow !!! Very nice car . :ylsuper:

Thanks very much.

Hello Scott. Congrats on your G being voted Ride of the Month. I really like that color, but I’m partial to Blue anyway, lol. Very nice ride Sir.

Gary

Thank you very much Gary.

A little late to the party again, but CONGRATS Scott…Great great car :slight_smile:

And I still chuckle every time I think about your test drive of my Blackie, haha…

Sounds like Scott has to share a blackie story with the rest of the group.:slight_smile:

Thanks Brian.
As the story goes with my short stint behind the wheel of Brian’s black GT-E, Brian offered me the chance for a little drive around the block after the Cascade Cougar Club’s Prowl show a couple of years back. Of coarse I said yes. I took the cat down to the end of the block and started back up the street with a few neighbors taking notice of the rumble of the 427 side oiler (and a few other assorted sounds). As I was pulling back into the show parking lot I gave the throttle a bit of a stab and laid a bit of rubber. Someone was not too happy about that and chastised me. I sheepishly apologized for my transgression. When I looked back over at Brian he had the biggest grin on his face, I guess it was the funniest thing he had experienced all day.

Thanks Scott for being willing to tell your experience with Blackie. Sounds like you had fun and to the guy who was chasing you, “Baahumbug”!
As for Brian, I think he knew that would happen and set you up.:slight_smile:

I wish I’d been so clever :wink: Actually, I was a bit shocked. I usually have to give guest-drivers a little nudge and urge them to “hit it if you want”…so Scott must have heard any test driver is deeped a puss if I actually have to urge them on :biggrin2:

It was hilarious until Ferguson had to add “yeah she’s fast…not as fast as Royce’s, but fast…” :bs: :flipa:

Guy really knows how to push people’s buttons :biggrin2:

Uh…no, it’s still hilarious…because you’ve probably checked and rechecked your timing, advance curve, carb, pulled, regapped and indexed the plugs…because you know Royce has done that to his… :devil:

That Ferg… :smiling_imp:

I wish I’d been so clever :wink: Actually, I was a bit shocked. I usually have to give guest-drivers a little nudge and urge them to “hit it if you want”…so Scott must have heard any test driver is deeped a puss if I actually have to urge them on :biggrin2:

It was hilarious until Ferguson had to add “yeah she’s fast…not as fast as Royce’s, but fast…” :bs: :flipa:

Guy really knows how to push people’s buttons :biggrin2:[/quote]

Well, Royce does have dual quads on his 427 GT-E, plus he was running Av Gas the day we went out and filmed the American Muscle Car “Cougar Edition”.
No slight intended. Both rides were very fun.

Ahh yes, the good gas that Stanley hooked us up with. :beerchug: I had nearly forgotten our clandestine run up there to Stanley’s shop for some good stuff “straight outta the drum”… :bandit:

I was really eyeballing that steering wheel also. What is the story on it?

Forgot to add great stories and the car is puurty through and through.

Who could resist gassing a W code? Who did the fussing?

I am not sure about the story behind that steering wheel. Mike Willett restored the car for Ed Hill. It was on there when I bought it from Ed, and I’m pretty sure it was there in 99 when I first saw the car.