Post up your winter pictures!

Nice period picture grant. Is that Cougar yours, and do you still have it?

Every night on the local news there are at least two reports on roof cave ins due to snow loads. Yesterday was a local bowling alley. I’m surrounded by woods, so I get little wind to blow the snow off. Started to get worried last week when I notice a drywall seam opening up on the garage ceiling. So, I spent four days shoveling off the house and garage. Come home to a puddle of water in the basement and trace it up a plumbing vent pipe to the roof. I got some pretty good ice jams and it made it up to the vent pipe and pushed on it enough to break the seal. So, two hours on the roof last night with a hammer breaking up the ice in that area. :angryfire:

Not this years pic’s, but you get the idea. Yesterday was 60+ outside, 54 at 5am and now 34 and snow flakes…

I took these pictures of the freezing rain before the snow started. My son was scared to walk on it a first because it would crack under his feet. Overall we had about 4-6 inches of ice then the snow came in and added about another inch to the mix. Then last night we had a 4.1 earthquake rattle the state and it could be felt from Georgia to North Carolina. Right now it’s sunny and 57. Talk about crazy weather! :crazy:
Steven

Yes that Cougar is mine. I drove it every day from '76-‘88. Put a lot o’ miles on it and then parked it for 20 years before the restore…here’s a new “Winter Picture” of my Cougar!
IMAG0960a.jpg

Picture of the light house off the pier at Saint Joseph Lake Michigan. Been by it several times on fishing trips, but it never looked like this…lol.
Tom_Gill_lighthouse_(7)_20130402133157_640_480[1].jpg

We got two feet of snow last night… :bs: Ok only got 8" of more snow :laughing:

LMAO…that’s funny.

Gonna be 74* here today…:poke:

From central MA, just after today’s storm ended and I’d finished plowing the driveway:

It’s a good thing we just had a new roof put on because there’s no way I’m going to get to that anytime soon.

On the other hand, if this pool collapses, I won’t exactly be heartbroken. We got it when my 23 yo still needed floaties to use it. I’m kind of tired of maintaining it and wouldn’t mind using the space for something else.

The tent garages are where my kids park their cars now that the Cougars live at the store. But getting in and out is starting to get a little tight.

This is what I use to keep it all clear of snow. We’ve had about 60 inches of snow here so far this winter and it’s been able to keep up so I’m happy. I’ll just have to remember next year to push the snow even farther back than I thought I’d need to this year.

Nice plow rig! Envious of the heat you have in that. My tractor gets a little chilly.

Bill - always loved that version of the Cherokee. Boxy but practical

Those “tent garages” are a neat idea. I’ll have to remember that when the Two Terrors start driving. They don’t have winter cars yet and I’m already maxed out on space. I have some time though. They’re only 7 and 10. LOL

Yes, I really enjoy that part. Plus I have an upgraded Kenwood stereo in it that I plug my iPod into so I have music as well.

Leon, that’s a '99 Cherokee sport with 122K on it. I just had the passenger side rocker and lower front door skin replaced due to rust, but that’s all the rust that was on it. It runs and drives like it was still new, so I use it all winter long as my commuter vehicle until the roads are clean enough to break out the Crossfire convertible. Even the interior is like new since I put a new headliner in it and had a split in the driver seat fixed. I’m constantly amazed at how many of these are still in the road around here given that the last new one was 13 years ago.

They’ve been really handy to have. The near one is newer than the far one because the original garage in that spot collapsed and damaged my older sons car in the same storm that nailed BBCat in the trailer. Notice that this storm just ended and the roofs have already been cleared. I prod my kids to get out there and get the snow off right away. I don’t think the original one would have collapsed had we not dropped the ball on clearing the roof at least once mid-storm, since that was a heavy, wet snow.

Ok, Going off subject a little to give some history on the “refrigerator on wheels” Jeep Cherokee.

This is a rumor, but heard it several times while I was at Jeep truck engineering doing testing and it makes good sense how the boxy body style came to be. The facility that Jeep/truck engineer was at for years was originally a Kelvinator refrigerator planet (kelvin scale). Then became Nash headquarters and AMC then on to Jeep/ truck engineering. A lot of the engineering staff was kept on during transitions from one company to the next. So, you had engineers with refrigerator design back grounds working at Jeep/truck. It was a group of those engineers that developed the boxy Jeep Cherokee “refrigerator on wheels” as it was always referred to at that facility. It is (or was) a neat building and the front lobby with the high bell tower is really cool inside. Chrysler sold the building in 2009 when it went bankrupt and bought out by Fiat. I spent “a lot” of time there during the 90’s doing testing. The neighborhood around the building was “really” bad even by Detroit standards. The grounds were surrounded by two ten foot fences with razor wire on top and in between. Early one morning a murder happened outside just before I got there. Got proposition outside of there to buy drugs several times and many other things :unamused:
I always thought it would be neat if I had that body style Jeep to have a personal plate with “Kelvinator” and see how many people could relate it. Here is a link that gives the up to date history of that facility:

Well, the mail box finally sir come to the beating it has been taking all winter from the snow plow. He hit it about a month ago and banged it up some and cracked the post, but it was still hanging on. Yesterday we had ice/snow/rain with thunderstorms and the wet heavy snow being removed by the plow did the mail box in.
IMG_0245.JPG

I see lots of boxes around here that look JUST LIKE THAT.

I’d share some outdoor pictures, but getting out the door is problematic at the moment.

Holy Mother of snow drifts, Batman!!!

These are from a few years back. This was the only time my car has seen a snowy road since I bought it. Colorado got hit by the polar vortex and we had some record low temperatures. Lately we’ve had wind. Lots of wind. The only good thing about the wind is it melted all the snow.

What a beautiful Cougar! :thumbup: