Primer and seam sealer

Thanks for all your comments. I will avoid the POR 15.

Quick story about POR. Had a friend of a friend that worked as a bridge inspector for NYS. They discovered the product was fantastic to use on bridge supports, it made them look great for years. The problem this friend discovered was the beams continue to rot from the inside and become unsound. When he started making noise about it he was of course removed from his position and sent to the water department.

I used it on a rusty work truck, please don’t make the same mistake. :naughty: Rust continued until I had a POR floor with little under it.

https://www.dominionsureseal.com/product/dom16-quarts-and-pints-dom16cp/

Anyone have experience with this? Their website is all about rust products, but this specific product seems to be a POR competitor

Like many I’ve fought the rust battle (Northern Ohio) over the years and no matter how clean the metal was most of the time “rust never sleeps”. When Eastwood came out with the first red Encapsulator I saw some hope. I have some 15+ year underbodies that were just sand blasted and then coated with Encap. and rust has not come back. About 7 -8 years ago Eastwood changed the Encapsulator making it more runny. Talking to the customer rep he said they got complaints about the slow drying time and excessive fumes. So in the last 5 years metal I have blasted then gave an acid treatment rusted back in about a year using the current Encapsulator. I then gave POR 15 a try and like others have said it adhered to the rust but the rust kept going and a piece would fall off. About two years ago I visited a friends body shop and they were restoring a 57 Cheby, the frame and floors were painted all silver. Asking why, they said that after blasting they had tried so many coatings and rust kept coming back. Now they use Speed Bullet to coat the metal and have not had any problems in 3+ years. I got a quart from Summit and painted it right over the rust on my Focus, then spray can the color. Second winter coming and the rust has not popped out. Interesting that Eastwood is now selling a Encapsulator Platinum that is silver color. At the Eastwood store they had a sample in a bottle to show how to spread it, sure smells like Speed Bullet!