quest for a 427 for my 68 GT-E

:clap: Me likey!

What’s up with the transmission tail shaft housing? It should be unpainted aluminum.

yea, there are a lot of ‘accommodations’ on this build/restoration. the Tranny is not correct for the Cougar. the tail shaft is a cast-iron RF-0B0P 7A040-A, came with the C6. Like I said, accommodations required on budget restoration. This is a father/son project and trying to make some meaningful headway while dad is still able/willing. I hope to revisit some of the more glaring variances later when I’m able.
That said, I’m grateful for any insight/heads-up. our interior side of most of the vent-windows and rear quarter windows are pitted beyond repair. any leads on something re-chromeable or ready-to-go?

And, thanks for your work on your Madra’s blue beauty and the pictures on Supermotors. I’ve used it for many a reference, as did my Paint & Body guy

I had the same problem on the Madras car. I bought good originals and swapped them out. They came from a half dozen different sources in order to retain the original date codes on the tinted Sun X glass.

I have a correct GT-E engine block. It’s just a bare block with a January 1968 date code. $2500 to a GT-E owner.

(248) 867-3522 Ray

progress, slowly but surely.

I think I just drooled on my keyboard a bit…