Radiator recure?

I took my radiator to a radiator shop to have it checked over. this is out of a 70 428. He told me he couldn’t fix it. Young guy that took over an old guys shop??? A new core is expensive, I have not heard real good things about a Scot Drake as far as looking like an original. Plus I would loose original markings. Aluminum is out of the question. Looking for some answers.

Find a different shop. Sorry these kids don’t want to learn anything.

1 Like

Where are you located? I know of two places in the SF Bay Area that I have had do recores for me. They are few and far between but still out there.

The shop I had the radiator for my 71 cleaned and tested at said they send recores out to the Bay area to have them recored. They said it cost less to have them done then to do them in house.

These are the two that I have used. I don’t know if they do any business with shipping or not. Hope you find someone.

Howard Ave Radiator

Pankeys Radiator

A dozen years ago , i had John at Beko Radiator ( Concord Ca ) recore my 67 big block gt . His dimple tube tech cores have a lower fin count than all the aluminum import stuff ,allowing more air flow .Still idles at thermostat temp , with air on , in Arizona desert . All done by phone and mail. Great shop.