READ THIS! Important ClassicCougarCommunity News!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap: Wow! This IS different! This was actually just a ploy to get us all back in here driving around checking things out wasn’t it!? Looks food so far!

Looks good. I like the changes so far.
Steven

Well the site cant be to difficult Iam not great with computers and was able to post with no issues. Thanks for all your hard work to keep the site going.
one day I will figure out how to list my cars at the bottom with out typing it every time LOL
Thanks Again
Larry

Larry, what you want to do to add your cars at the bottom is create a “signature,” which will appear at the bottom of all your posts. Click on your username at the right side of the toolbar when you’re logged in and choose “User Control Panel.” Once there, click on the Profile tab and then Edit Signature. Put in what you want and save it. Poof! You have your list of cars.

I’ve changed the permissions, and it’s now working for me so that I can see the screenshots in this thread when logged out. I may have missed a forum, so if you notice one where you still can’t see the images when not logged in, post a link to it and I’ll take a look.

Thanks jays, it was a minor grumbling in the midst of your upgrade :smoke: I don’t think there was an official post regarding it just mentioned in passing on another post

Looks great, guys! Thank you SO much for all you do to keep the site purrrrrring!

Looks great so far!

Ditto what Mike said. I am sure Jay has his hands full but wondering if the post preview hovering over the last post will be returning?

I used to have a picture with the WCCC logo and links in my signature. Gone in a blink of an eye.

Actually, the extension for this was just released yesterday, and I installed it today. It works a little differently than the old one. Check it out by hovering over the topic for a post. You’ll see both an excerpt from the initial post and the latest post together there.

Scott, I just looked at your signature in the database for the old forum so that I could replace it for you, but there is no image there. It’s exactly like the signature you have now.

Just as an FYI, we are going to lock all the threads in the old forum, and then make it available so that people that had images stored there will have a way to access them. The plan is to take that forum down in about 30 days, but in the mean time you will be able to retrieve the images if you don’t have them elsewhere and also compare things like signatures to see if anything has changed.

Keep those cards and letter coming! (well, posts actually) as it is a big help in getting everything dialed in.

We are hopeful that a new gallery will be developed so we can add that back, but we will have to wait until it is developed, beta tested, and approved for use with this software release.

It was probably a link to a photo to our host. Andrew set them up for the five of us (Don, Andrew, Darrell, Joshua, and I). He will probably have to do them over again. Had the Myfacebook and the other social media stuff too.

That’s really strange. There is nothing there at all, no links, no image path, nothing, but now you’ve given me something to work with! I copied over the image path and social media links from Don’s signature, so you should be good to go now.

You guys are churning and burning, well done :nerd: I hope eventually the gallery will come back, it was one way I could search for members cars that hadn’t been nominated for ROTM. :smoke:

Got it, thanks! Looks great.

Looks and works good for me! But I am still looking for that free beer that you promised would accompany the introduction of the new software…

Jay… below is a screenshot from an iPhone 6 using Safari browser. Would it be possible to enlarge the new post icon in the thread titles? Or would that screw up other screen sizes?

Nice job on the upgrade. Thanks to you & Bill.

(deleted screenshot)

Are you asking because the current icon is hard to see, or because it’s too small to click with your finger on your iPhone?

If it’s the former (too small to see), I can change the icon to something larger only on small screens so it won’t affect the other displays.

If you’re asking because it’s too small to click with your finger, you can use the icon to the left of the topic, which goes to the same location (the first unread post of the topic).
screenshot_unread_posts.jpg
Let me know.