READ THIS! Important ClassicCougarCommunity News!!!!!!!!!!!!

The “New Posts” button is front and center. Next to it is “Active Topics”, this is pretty cool because it will show you the topics that are getting new posts even if you are not logged into the site. Lots of times you will find a topic here that you might have missed.

Although its probably minor due to more important upgrades, I still can’t se some posted pic’s (like your screenshots in this post) unless I’m logged in. :smoke: Good Luck guys and congrats :beerchug:

Bill,
I would agree that most of us do not like change, but will adapt.

Thank you for all that you do for our Cougar Community.

Gavin
http://www.cougarclub.org

We are now looking at Sunday to make the change. Sunday is typically a light day for board activity and I think during the Superbowl it will be even lighter.

Jay noticed that there were only 2 people were logged in this morning and jumped at the chance to make the transition. The customization was finished last night so it was ready to roll. Let us know what you think and advise of of any bugs that need to be fixed. Thanks!

So far so good.

The “active topic” & “new post” buttons aren’t working for me. If I go into the quick links menu an access it that way they work.

Thanks! that is what we need to know. There are some other things that will be popping up today as Jay can bring them online. You may need to hit ctrl + F5 frequently to bring up the newest version.

Testing the drag and drop image function…

Sweeeet.

Is it Sunday ALREADY!!??!!!

New post button worked fine for me.

Looks good on the desktop computer.

On phone (iphone/safari) the join anniversary/new member box is messed up. One long list and the graphic (LCM, dream car) makes it bounce around.

Punchlist item you probably already are fixing.

Which phone and browser are you using?

Which phone and browser are you using? IT should hide or turn off that function on a phone.

Just got the phone yesterday, so I haven’t figured out how to find version numbers. iPhone 6 with Safari browser - both presumably up-to-date. I think I set it to “use desktop” instead of mobile version, but can’t find that setting again. … take pity on the former Android user.

This isn’t a bug, it’s a feature. Permissions are set so you have to be logged in ot see the images. I think they default to that to encourage people to register and become part of the community. We’ve never changed it; I didn’t realize it was an issue.

The buttons worked fine on all the platforms we tested, but that’s only a fraction of what is available. You don’t mention what OS/version/browser you’re using, so I have to just guess at potential causes. I re-coded the buttons so they use some older HTML, which is all I can think of to do to help you with this without more details.

Everyone needs to clear their browser cache again (Ctrl + 5 in most browsers) to load the changes.

Currently, the top stats section that contains the top 10 posts, etc., is set to disappear at screen resolutions at or below 1024 pixels wide. If you’re still seeing it at that resolution or below, it could be you’re using cached files from the old forum or Safari is ignoring the media query. You might want to google “safari clear browser cache” and see what you can find if Ctrl + F5 doesn’t do the trick to clear the browser cache.

If that doesn’t get it working for you, post back here with what you tried/found and I’ll see if I can get someone running Safari to help me troubleshoot it.

Thanks. That fixed it.

For others with iPhone, to clear your cache go to Settings | Safari | Clear History & Website Data

Excellent! Thanks for passing that on.