Seat extension for tall folks - useful?

I’m 6’3” and curious if anyone installed seat extenders in their Cougar and if they were helpful. I’m only around 200lb, but find I’m a bit too close to the wheel.

I assume the ones from NPD / others for Mustangs are the same for Cougars.

I only have about 40 miles on it since purchase and getting used to the feel of this car.

I have put them in several Cougars and they work great. They leave you with no back seat leg room if that’s a concern but if not, there is no downside. Cougar and mustang seat tracks are the same so the same extenders will work on either.

Thanks…will try a set this summer. I’ll only need them for the driver’s side…my wife is only 5’3”.

I did the same. I’m 6’5” and it made a significant difference. Well worth the spend/work.

Yup! These are awesome. I used to have to develop strategies to get in to my '70 between the steering wheel and the seat, and no mods required. The only downside (other than the ridiculous price) is that they raise the seating height up about in inch or so. I dunno about you guys…but who couldn’t use an extra two inches? :pimp:

From what I’ve read, they raise seat height about 1/4”…at least thats for the CJ Pony Parts version. I wanted that loss at a min…I’m almost touching the headliner at this time.

The seats sit at a slight reclining angle, so it only raises the seat at the most forward position. As for needing extra 2 inches for leg room, I have my seat forward one notch. I prefer a little more leg room but with the clutch adjusted correctly I still need the seat where I have it for proper operation with my slightly stubby legs.

That’s probably more accurate. I didn’t measure them (before/after) and they were probably thinner than an inch. I may be in the same boat as you (6’2") and I hardly notice a difference from before, in the height department. The big difference is in the legroom. I suppose my legs are what makes me tall…