The August 2019 Ride of the Month is Andrew Chenovick's '68 Standard "Snowball"!

Thanks all! And yeah, I never got my banner picture. Oh well :cry:

Congratulations Andrew! I loved the vintage photos and write up. Everything works by design. Glad that you happened to visit WCCC and meet Don on your road trip.

Your photos and videos over the years have been amazing. We are lucky to have you in the Cougar Community.

Thank goodness that you can do a lot remotely to help WCCC and our hobby.

:paw_prints:
www.CougarClub.org
21963850-8D91-40E9-9EC1-2B455A1CBDEE.jpeg

I think we should delay the September ROTM to October and post Andrew’s car for the month of September. We should get the pleasure of enjoying his car for a month before moving on to the next one.

There are already over 50 total votes for the September ROTM so a delay is probably not in order. Keep in mind that every ROTM stays on the board, and is accessible any time. About the only thing that changes is the picture. Andrews article did go up a bit later than usual, but it was certainly worth the wait. He was able to dig up some of those old family pictures and to shoot the car back in it’s old stomping grounds. Also in general it is about the 10th of the month before the new ROM goes up, so Andrews car will be up for a bit longer regardless.

But Andrew’s car isn’t up. It’s still July’s.

Hmm… that is messed up? WHO runs this joint?

That is why I suggested delaying the September ROTM. The winner can be October ROTM and Andrews picture can go up for the month of September. Regular voting can resume in November.

Congrats Andrew! I did not realize your car had a hood scoop. Enjoy regardless! :wink:

Mea culpa! Since Andrew was kind enough and beyond talented enough to write his own story he handled the posting and everything. I simply forgot that I still had to notify Jay that the article was complete and to point him to the image files so he could change the image. I have been using my phone a lot lately and as many of you know, the image doesn’t appear there so I didn’t notice it. My apologies to Andrew! I have since directed Jay and the image will change soon. Typically we don’t get a new article up until about the 10th so it will be up for a while.

Increasingly I find that people are using mobile devices to access the forums, and those folks are not seeing the image. We need to find a creative way to honor the ROTM even on phones. A couple of ideas would be to use the forum email system to notify everyone of the new ROTM or to maybe create a sticky thread. What have you guys seen at other forums that you like?

Thanks Bill! And I also didn’t notice for a while, for the same reason. Half the time I look at the forum from my phone, but it’s a lot easier to type and upload photos from a desktop. Not sure what the best way would be to make the banner image show up on mobile, but your email idea isn’t bad either. Anyway, it’s cool to get a little bonus time here, haha.

Andrew, Congrats on the article & trip!

Thanks for all you’ve done too !