The February 2018 Ride of the Month is Charlie Brown's '67 XR-7

Congrats CB!! Good write up and history on the strike.

Nice, Charlie! I need to make that trip up there that we discussed a bunch of months ago so we can compare the “browns” on our cars (Cinnamon Frost vs Grecian Gold, with the white vinyl tops.) I’ll wait until you get through with that Oklahoma winter weather though.

Still a great, gripping story, Bill!

Take some time to appreciate and enjoy your loved ones. We’ll still be here when you get back :slight_smile:

Wow. Beauty! And loved the story!

That one in the promo pic looks more like Grecian Gold to me? But I agree Cinnamon Frost / Saddle is a nice combo. I took some pics of a car with the same color combo way back in 2009 in CA.

I first met Charlie Brown in 2017 at Tulsa’s 50 year anniversary of Mercury Cougar! I walked thru a huge assortment of those beloved cars reminiscing on a time when I enjoyed the long ago ownership of my first ever Cougar resto, “a gray 68 XR7” that was long sold but I was looking forward to rolling again in yet another one that graced several locations at my house in boxes of parts. It was difficult to connect with folks who only heard stories about both past and future, with nothing more than a few pics on my phone. That’s when I stumbled upon the Mid America Cougar Club’s registration booth. Charlie was there and welcomed me to the group who’s headquarters is 4 hours away. In the time past I’ve made several trips to Tulsa and have met several awesome people who love their Cougars with the same passion I do. When I first read the headlines of this article I was confused because I-35 didn’t come close to Tulsa, however when I heard Tulsa and saw the gold car I knew immediately who it was. Charlie has a bodacious gold Cougar that he’s spent a great deal of worthwhile time on and it looks as beautiful in person as it does in the pictures. Kudos Charlie! I’ll be seeing you again this February in Tulsa at the Darryl Starbird show. Hopefully I’ll be able to get a picture of you and I standing next to your awesome Cougar and post it here. :cowboy_hat_face::sunglasses:

PS between then and now I’ve aquired another restoration car that is so close to making the show but won’t be ready. I guess I’ll bring my phone again. Oh yes and renew my membership. Haha Happy New Year to all!