The greatest auto repair myths

More of a concern then all of those issues is where the air is being drawn into the engine from. With this style of intake it takes most from the hot engine compartment rather then outside of that. Huge loss of power in the summer with them compared to cooler temps.

Put in a K&N , makes it go real good…………

I have a F150 lighting, as much as i gaze in to the engine bay i struggle to see how going from a out side air intake replaced by a K&N
can make more power by sucking in hot engine air !!

I also have a Ford Falcon FPV- GTF witch has north of 560hp , putting in a replacement K&N got a whopping 8Hp @6000rpm on the chassis dyno………why bother……?

1 Like

Put in a K&N , makes it go real good…………

I have a F150 lighting, as much as i gaze in to the engine bay i struggle to see how going from a out side air intake replaced by a K&N
can make more power by sucking in hot engine air !!

I also have a Ford Falcon FPV- GTF witch has north of 560hp , putting in a replacement K&N got a whopping 8Hp @6000rpm on the chassis dyno………why bother……?

I agree with Don.
There is a shop here in Nova Scotia (no names) that has been in business around 30+ years. His cars have won awards all over North America. He’s even had cars at SEMA.

A few weeks ago the new broke that just what Don mentioned has been happening. Complete cars going in for detailing, paint touch ups, interior work etc. never coming out again and or the owners getting their beloved cars back as empty chassis or just boxes of parts. The shop is being sued by numerous clients for hundreds of thousands, there are over twenty well documented cases with this shop on the news. Some customers have had to have the RCMP and/or sheriff’s department to help them get there vehicles back. In one case they had to search the entire shop for missing parts to a running car that was recovered as a shell. Some parts have been recovered from customers that had purchased original parts from this shop.

Believe it or not it’s still in business today. Can’t go visit them anymore as the gate is locked and you have to have an appointment to get in. But customers are still taking work there. Not sure what happened make sure you check everything before you decide which shop to depend on. I almost went there myself three years ago but I got a bad feeling during a tour of the shop. I saw numerous odd practices but the one that shook me the worst was a fully painted car, 67 Chevelle that was getting new hinges on the drivers door. Two guys were adjusted the rocker panel with a sledge hammer and a 2x4. I later found out this is one of the vehicles mentioned in the news stories.

Beware and always keep your eyes open. Get referrals and always take a tour of the shop if possible.

Dean