Then and Now

I thought I’d share these pictures that I found recently after the loss of my mother. They show my Mom’s Cougar, and my Dad’s Mustang in 1969, and I’m in one of the pictures. The other pictures show the result of 50 years of use and neglect from not having a proper place to store them.

Sorry for your loss. It’s neat to have the pictures and the cars after 50+ years. Hopefully they will be restored. It’s also very neat seeing sequentially numbered license plates. Thanks for sharing.

Steven

Sorry for your loss.

You must have been very hard up for storage to have to park them on the ceiling. That’s one thing I wish I had for my GTE is some old pictures. Unfortunately no one ever took any.

Cool that they had consecutive license plate numbers. Still have them?

Sorry for your loss.

Your Mom had a Cougar your Dad a Mustang and you a Stingray.
That’s pretty cool.

Thanks for the condolences. Someday I’ll look for more pictures.

Al, what’s that about the ceiling? I had to flip the 2 new pictures to get them to show right side up here. Are they upside down on your end?
CougarCJ. I don’t have the early plates. There is a slim possibility that the 1979 sequential numbered plates are still around. AC6748 and AC6749.

A few things I remember about the Cougar:

1. The center grill piece was replaced and painted black after it was backed into around 1970.
  2. It had right rear quarter panel damage repaired when someone slid through a stop sign on ice one winter.
  3. In the 70’s mom was driving when both leaf springs cracked at the same time letting the axle slide back, causing the tires to rub the fenders. Had to get towed.
  4. It has a bullseye rock chip in the center of the windshield that’s been there since it was new.

Yeah the two “now” pictures are upside down for me. I’ve had that happen before, it’s kind of a mystery to me why.

Photos have always displayed correctly on my end.

• Phillip

That’s odd I live near Al and there up side down to me as well.?

You guys must have some kind of digital triangle thing going on, lol. I have searched high and low for a picture of my first Cougar, no luck. I do have a Poloroid shot of the girlfriend (wife now) that I took while driving somewhere. You can see the cat on the inside door panel and that’s it. I too wish I could find more.

I had a gold 68 my high school years and I can’t find a single photo by the time I went into the Navy in 77 it was pretty much rusted away, I pulled the motor and trany put in a 66 fairlane and off to Charleston SC.

I see two right side up, two upside down.

I see all 4 properly oriented. I wonder if it is a browser issue for some.

Very cool, I wish I had some of the cars my parents had back in the day. My dad was one to always be buying or selling a vehicle so he never held on to anything very long.

You are correct.
I was looking on my phone.
On the laptop they’re all right side up.

Good call on the browser, though it makes no sense to me why it would work that way. On a desktop or a laptop they are right side up. On the ipad they are upside down.

On my I-phone two are upside down, the first two right side up. PC Laptop sees them all right side up. Seems to be Apple related.

Orientation comes from the EXIF file. I think it does anyway… and not all browsers use that file.

I saw them upside down,
thought maybe because im on the bottom side of the world…:woozy_face:lololol

lol. like Bill said, something about the EXIF file. I believe it has something to the age of programs, cameras, browsers, etc., all playing a part. The pictures were taken with an iPhone, but rotated by me in outdated picture manager, that I view in current Windows 10, but the website is viewed by different people on different age equipment where some recognize the EXIF file and some don’t…

Gerry