Vote For the March 2012 Ride of the Month!

Joe, love the story and the car! The color combo is very striking, especially without a vinyl top. It makes my decision really tough, to put a vinyl top back on my car in the near future. I think it’s justified, since my interior is also white, and it could really use the contrast of the black roof. But seeing your car makes me think twice. Also, your grille is one of the nicest, straightest I have ever seen. You got my vote!

Nicely done Joe!

Man this sucks, I guess I’ll have to vote on which car would look best in My garage. - Hint Hint!! :poke:

I said I’d finally vote in this contest… but Day-um! Got it down to 3 cars and I can’t decide, with 1:39 left to vote.

AAAAAAUUUGGGHHH!

Okay, I dood it! All I’magonna say is that 2 of my “top 3” are also in the top three according to votes. Good thing there’s always next month…

I just want to wish everyone the best with the votes. Great cars and pictures.One last picture of my Cougar. It’s my favorite! :smiley:
Steven
lynn cougar.jpg

X2 what Steven said. ROTM is always fun and exciting for all Cougar fans. What a shame that the ownership of MCnet couldn’t even be bothered to set up ROTM there (but teased us with the notion nonetheless - which worse than not having it at all). Little things like this go a long way toward promoting togetherness in a group of enthusiasts.

Congrats to Joe and all the candidates!

Conga-rats to all nominees this month! Tight race!

Yes a very nice selection of fine looking cats, have to say i’m partial to RUNnWYLD’s 71 cause I think the 71-73 series dont get enough luv :beerchug:

Congratulations Joe! Your Cougar is a great choice for ROTM. :clap:
Steven

Thanks guys! I am proud to say my cat was March 2012’s ROTM. :slight_smile:

Congrats, Joe(y)! :laughing: Your car is indeed fantastic, and deserves its ROTM title.

Trying to remember if you did a ‘write-up’ on the 4R70W install? After 5-1/4 years with my 4R70-equipped F150, I’m convinced that it’s the best iteration of the FMX trans to date; and would love to stuff one (obviously, 4.2L truck version) between the Clevo and the 9" pumpkin in my '73. Did you use the Bauman Engineering box? If so, which one - the original or the “Opti-Shift”? What TPS? Shifter mods? The list of stupid little questions goes on, and on, and on, and…
About the only “question already answered” is one of fitment under the floor; as both your MY67 and my MY71-2-3 came with “big blocks” - an FE for the '67s and a Lima block for 71-72(-73). Both of those engines called for a C6 when not followed by a manual clutch, and with a little judicious saw job on the factory machining tabs, a 4R can be made ‘smaller’ (but not shorter) than a C6. It’s always the piddly little questions (like I already asked) that can hang you up.

Again, conga-rats (and Steven needs to develop THAT smilie)!

Dawg this is as good as I could do on short notice. :laughing:
Steven

Steven, i just have to mention a little something about a fan… When playing olympic handball many years ago, we had a fan that came to all the games, compiled all sorts of data for the team, and was a permanent fixture to the club. You just can’t miss such a person. We had a nickname for him: “Fanclub”. Pretty original huh? We even reserved a place for him on the players’ bench.

Well, sir, your implication, and fervor to the Cougar Community ideals simply impress me. You just remind me of that special fellow. I just had to jump in with this. Keep at it.

I just piped up, since the ROM thread is opened, and this couldn’t be really considered a jacking…

Jean

Thanks Jean. Great place with great people and I’m glad to be part of it.
Steven

Congratulations Joe nice car

Hey DesertDawg,

Thanks for the kind words.

Check out my thread on MC.net. It should answer all of your questions. Let me know if you need clarification on anything.
4R70W AOD Swap Details | Mercury Cougar Owners

Thanks again guys! :beerchug: