Want to buy 67/68 Cougar 390

Hello,

I am in the market to purchase a 67 or 68 Mercury Cougar equipped from the factory with a 390 V8. I have no preference of color or trim level. It can be a base model, XR7, GT, DGS, or whichever other models exist. It is preferred to be a one owner, but not required. Finally, I don’t want any rust. I live in Santa Barbara, California, but am willing to travel a bit so long as the car is relatively on the Western half of the country, no farther than Texas. Please let me know if you have anything :slight_smile:

~Jake

You nee do get in touch with Mike and Gary Brown, they are a big part of the Cougar club and score a lot of good finds around LA.

Didn’t expect you to respond so soon, Don. haha. Say hi to Andrew for me

I have decided to expand my search to any engine that came with a 67 or 68 Cougar. If anyone has a car or knows someone who does, please let me know. Again, I am looking for a daily driver type car that needs very little, if anything. And I want to avoid rust as much as possible.

We have a flawless 67 std coming up, ask Andrew for pics, he is taking them today for next years calendar. $18,500.

Flawless? Bold statement there, Don. I’m looking forward to seeing this one.

OK, not flawless… Local low mile 2 owner car, never a bubble of rust, no wrecks, unmolested. Turn key, light restoration with tasteful upgrades like classic auto air, electric headlights and Borgeson conversion.

Did Andrew get the pictures done? That sounds like a nice Cougar.
Steven

I was just busting your chops, Don. That does sound like a nice car. Colors?

Glacier blue two tone, white roof as seen at our open house.

Nice try Don, here is the picture:

That’s from last year’s open house. I haven’t taken new shots yet, we need to do a little detailing and wait for some good weather.

Anyway, we’re hijacking Jake’s thread. I don’t think this is quite the kind of car he’s looking for.

P.S. Hey Jake! Welcome to the forum dude :stuck_out_tongue: Check out my resto thread if you haven’t seen it.

P.P.S. Note to everyone else, I know this guy, he’s a friend from my hometown.

I remember that car from the open house. It is a nice looking Cougar.

Here is one that I saw on eBay. It looks nice.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercury-Cougar-XR7-/121636485664?forcerrptr=true&hash=item1c52197a20&item=121636485664

Steven

Have you found your cougar yet? I have a 67 390 GT that I’m interested in selling - I’ve owned it for 28 years and it is in great condition after a full off body restoration 2yrs ago.

Tom, you car sounds real interesting. Can you tell is more about it? How is it equipped? Do you have a Marti report to show the original build? Who did the restoration? Detailed pictures would be helpful.

Here is a lik to the pictures and the Marti report.

Steven

I will be listing a 67 6.5L on eBay this weekend. Here is a preview from my website.

http://www.cascadeclassics.com/current-projects/67-cougar-6-5l-for-sale/

noticed this on craiglist tonight 289 though
http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/5187771182.html