WCCC Photo Contest 2019

Very cool. Would be interested in details on how this was created. If this was done just using a time-lapse shot that took a lot of trial and error to get all correct. Even if a bit of Photoshop involved - still a great effect.

The photo is one 12 second long exposure. The idea was to make it look like the car was zooming towards the camera, but it’s a bit risky to drive towards the camera, so I set the camera up on a tripod and started the exposure, then my wife drove the car in reverse. I used an initial flash to expose the car, then because it moved it became somewhat transparent as the pavement was exposed by the headlights and other ambient light.

What I really wanted to find was a very black asphalt hill, so that I wouldn’t get so much bleed-through of the pavement and the headlights would stream up into the distance. However, finding a safe location for this photographic maneuver proved a bit challenging.

If I was going to attempt it again, I’d bring a couple more remote flashes to set up focused on the car grill to improve it’s exposure and clarity.

Thanks! I never would have imagined it was driven backwards! You certainly win the contest for creativity!

Awesome! Thanks for explaining this wonderful image!

If you’ve been waiting in suspense to find out who the winners are, your wait is over! The calendars are done, printed, and ready to order. Here is a look at the 2020 featured cars:

And the honorable mentions that came oh so close:

Front cover (big surprise who’s on front!):

Back cover:

And a foldout preview to get an idea for the layout and size:

Anyway, it’s a good one! I’m happy with how it turned out, and the variety of cars that ended up in it. Big thanks again to all of you who took the time to send in photos. It’s cool to see how this has evolved into a community project! The winners get a free copy, and of course anyone wanting 5 or more copies gets a bulk discount. Just mention it in the order comments if ordering online. Here’s to another great year of Cougars!

Get yours here

What a great calendar, Andrew! Bought one for the house & garage.

Got that on my Christmas list lol… My shop needs 1.

thanks
pat

Cool. What a great calendar!

Looks great! Ill order a couple for the house and my office.