WCCC Price Increases?

I have a bedliner business. I spray Ultimate Linings. There are three different factories in Texas that had problems from the Storm that went through. There has been a shortage in raw materials starting around January. The shortage brought about a “surcharge” per pound. Any raw material that has the word “poly” in it is in short supply around the world. “Poly’s” are in EVERYTHING. Plastics, pvc, paint, seat foam, spray foam insulation and bedliner materials. The Guru tech guy for Ultimate Linings said the problem is pretty bad around the world that GM and Toyota were about to furlough people for lack of parts being made. Ford and Gm are also having problems getting “chips” for computers. All this Bullshit over a “virus” that has a 99.9 recovery rate. The “death toll” has been INACCURATLEY calculated so hospitals can receive more money. If someone has stage four pancreatic cancer and had the “virus” they were counted as a “covid19 death”. The CDC came out and said 78% of all deaths were people that had diabetes. The WHO said they over estimated deaths by 30%. The CDC also said that 6% of all the deaths were people who had NO preexisting condition! Don’t even get me started on the mask issue. OSHA regulates PPE and these BS masks do not protect you from virus’s. PERIOD! Even fauci said they don’t work when all this started. Now that DUMBASS is touting wearing two masks! He is nothing but a meteorologist! Ever see an accurate 5 day forecast? Sorry about the rant!

It’s weird how there are such different opinions on the virus, none of us will come into agreement, either way not Cougar discussion

My brother in law does line X coatings, They are having to shut down spraying liners this week due to no materials and no ETA on when they will get more. I suspect the cost will jump exponentially when they do get more as it sounds like this is a nationwide problem for them.

He is getting trained on tint installs just so he can keep working and being productive until they get more material in for liners.

Post Deleted

Sorry, but my phone (and computer) give me control over which threads I read and which I don’t. Those who are sensitive about hearing uncomfortable truths or things they disagree with can also move on without disturbing the rest of us willing to discuss.

Good news! Daniel Carpenter Mustang just informed us of a slew of price increases and because of the covid surge in sales this last year we are able to buy in greater quantity thus getting better rates on many items that we used to only buy 5 at a time and now we buy 10-20 at a time. In the end, of the 200 plus items we buy from Carpenter we did not raise the price on one item and we lowered the price on 37 items by as much as 5%! This is pretty darn exciting for me! It makes me want to reach out and renegotiate with many of my suppliers. There are things about this business I really like and I have often quoted Henry Ford “If you want to do really well in business focus on how much you can give the customer for his dollar not how little…” (or something close to that.

https://www.dcmustang.com/

That’s great news Don. Thanks for all you do.

Inflation or not, I’m not paying an $8K premium on a “survivor” 68 XR7 302-4V 4spd that’s missing the required XR7 vinyl top!

I voted for Kodos because I care about the arts.

By this chain of logic, one should feel free to drop a deuce in the middle of an art gallery because everyone is free to look away…it’s an art gallery, not a honey bucket, yet the uncomfortable truth, that nobody can disagree with is that I gotta go #2 right now, which is why I’m reading the Cougar forum. You all want a pic of my truth?

Let’s steer this one back to things Cougar oriented. This is our refuge from a bunch of things that are beyond our control. Let’s keep it that way. Vacuum leaks, indecipherable electrical issues, and hidden rust bring us all enough frustration without a layer of political angst.

Oh.LOL!

Price increases seem to be everywhere.
But why I shop at WCCC…the shelf full of mustang or parts that are cheap junk…that if I’d purchased from WCCC I would’ve known

1. The part fits a Cougar
  2. If it’s junk, it has the crappy part symbol
  3. A great description of the part
  4. Install videos
  5. Don & co care about the customer

This all comes together for No Returns, I despise returning items. It’s just bothersome. And I get tired of comparing prices. Easier to keep track of parts purchased if it’s from one supplier.

Wow! I need to get you in front of a camera for a testimonial video. I just teared up a little. What you listed are our exact goals. Part of the reason we operate the way we do is WE HATE PROCESSING RETURNS! And as a consumer, it pisses me off when I open my box full of 1970 Torino parts and the first thing that goes through my mind is “Why didn’t they tell me this!” On another note TABCO saw our listing and said I would sell many more units if I remove the crap logo off their listings. He told me they have never had a complaint or return and that Mustangs Unlimited sold LOTS of them. What would you have said to him in response? First thing I thought of is “And where is MU now?”

This is worth something for sure. I do shop around a little bit depending on what Im after but I do always try and buy here if I can simply to support the community and give back on getting all of the “free” information I have learned from the WCCC site over the years. Just the simple fact they shoot it to you straight, you know what your getting from them, good bad or indifferent. If something is misrepresented they correct it and make it right for you. However what usually gets me is the shipping prices.(not complaining, understand the process) More so If I need another part from somewhere else like summit. I can combine and order from the same place rather then two different places and substantially save on the shipping costs. Or in NPDs case can spend X amount and get free shipping which is especially helpful on larger heavier items like carpet. When I got carpet for my car the shipping from WCCC made it way more expensive for me vs NPD with free shipping. Again I don’t expect WCCC to offer something like that since they are not moving the volume like NPD does but this does sway decisions on where to buy sometimes. Saving cash on shipping allows me to spend more with WCCC in the end anyway so somehow they end up with my money in the end :laughing:

I really do did WCCC for the used parts though. That odd piece of trim, bracket, hardware etc. Stuff that can be hard to find anywhere else is a phone call or click away!

We are all in for price increases across the board for everything we buy. I had to close my eyes at the diesel pump the other day! I hate waiting on something and then seeing the price jump when I’m finally ready to buy, especially when it comes to fun hobbies but it is what it is. Gotta pay to play as they say!

I understand we are going to continue seeing price increases for reasons out of my control…I quit worrying about it.

In the meantime, I try and support vendors such as WCCC and NPD that provide back to the community. I try and shop at WCCC based on the effort I see Don putting into these Cougars by getting us better parts…more than anyone else from the short time I have been back in to Cougars. Those videos are extremely helpful as well as we tear these cars down and build them back up.

Price increases may slow down my restoration efforts, but they won’t stop me. I am fairly fortunate at this stage in my life though in being able to buy what I want. I’m sure there are others that have to watch their pocketbooks a bit more…or have a spouse that may not be quite as accommodating :slight_smile:

Another one of those times where a “like” button would be handy.

Another one of those times where a “like” button would be handy.

Can I like your like? I do wish the software had something like that.