Windshield Replacement Options?

I’m getting ready to replace the windshield in my '67. It might be original to the car… if not, it’s been there a very long time. There are no chips or cracks, but it’s pitted to the point that it’s really hard to see at night. So, I have a few questions for you all before I tackle this…

First, here’s the current windshield etching:

The CarLite logo is the same as on the other windows, but the date code (June '66?) seems very early to me. Is this typical? I think it’s a March or April '67 build car. Also, it’s missing the Sun-X logo that the other windows have. It looks like it might actually have the same green tint, but hard to tell with it installed. Is this windshield worth anything, or am I safe to toss it?

I plan to pick up a new windshield locally. My Cougar has already been modded, so I don’t care much about maintaining a period-correct window etching. Is there a particular brand/manufacturer that’s recommended above the others? Also, I’m not particularly fond of the tinted visor that new windshields typically have at the top. Has anyone been able to find one without it?