XR7 GT-E on Ebay

The price is making my eyes water…

https://www.ebay.com/itm/282869124296

That would be a world record price for a GT-E if it happened. Suggest that you talk to Pinkerton before buying. This car has a lot of known history, as do most of them. I saw the car at the Dearborn show as did Jim.

s

I thought Brian Aust’s sale at Barrett-Jackson was the record.

Auction Scottsdale 2011
Reserve NO RESERVE
Status Sold
Price $181,500.00
Lot 1247
Year 1968
Make MERCURY
Model COUGAR GT-E 427
Style 2 DOOR COUPE

He might be referencing the hammer price which would’ve been $165k before the 10%

Brian’s car was well restored and numbers matching with its original 427 side oiler. The gold car on eBay has a 428 in place of the original engine.

Again, better speak to the registrar to keep from getting surprised.

Not directly comparable, but the record for a GT-E was the 428 CJ 4 speed sold at the Owl Museum Auction for $228K all in.

At the price the ebay seller is asking the little things make a big difference. I see things like the missing GTE only grille moulding, the missing radio knobs, the missing fender bolt and the broken instrument cluster housing to start with. The knobs, bolt and housing all would have been very easy to fix while doing the restoration. So it makes me wonder what other places were corners cut? Also the missing upper body line pinstripe, although not being a GTE expert perhaps those cars did not get that pinstripe.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

See Bill’s offering:

Starting bid is $75K all cash. Clear Arizona title in hand. Gentlemen shall we begin?

No they received the pinstripe.

the little things do add up!
I just spent the last 4 most. fixing and upgrading these little things.
It helps to have a clue also.
Buyer beware !

After viewing the pics on eBay again, especially the engine shot, It’s like reliving a nightmare!

Distributor is off at least 2 teeth IMO., Coil location,incorect water neck, nice custom fuel line cooler.
Surprised it doesn’t have a reverse polarity battery installed. I could go on.

Here is a link to a video, since we seem to be on a GTE “survivor” kick!

Im looking for comments, or critique to bring this up to a “standard”
Ive done a lot of work correcting details and hope it shows.

[YouTube]https://youtu.be/U1ANR1wJuSY[/YouTube]

This cat is going to FAB FORDS THIS SPRING! See you there!

It is also available for a lot less $.

These owners heard you folks are looking to buy.