0F91Q507492 Comp Green / Black interior

1970 Eliminator to cross the auction block at Barrett Jackson in Scottsdale 2014.

lot 1093 1970 Eliminator 0F91Q507492

Nice !! :sunglasses:

My Favorite 70 Eliminator color ! Nice !!

Hey fellahs, I uploaded pics of this car, and the auction descriptions “for posterity”. These are pics I have from when this car was auctioned at Mecum (Kansas City) back in Dec 2012, but they appear to be using the same ones for the upcoming BJ auction.

*I’ll email BJ and see if they can provide the Marti Report to add to this car’s file.

Mecum Auction - Dec 2012
http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=KC1212-141171&entryRow=360

DESCRIPTION

• Original engine and transmission
  • Marti Report shows vehicle was ordered by Ford Motor Co., as a test vehicle and shipped to the building 5 R&E in Dearborn
  • Original sheet metal and glass
  • 2 year restoration by Billups Auto of Colcord, OK, who has built numerous Division 1 Gold Shelby’s
  • Very desirable Competion Green (Grabber Green)
  • Photo documentation of restoration
  • Automatic transmission
  • 428 CI Cobra Jet engine

Barrett-Jackson - Jan 2014

Barrett-Jackson Lot: 1093 - 1970 MERCURY COUGAR ELIMINATOR 2 DOOR HARDTOP
Detailed InformationLot Number: 1093
Auction: SCOTTSDALE 2014
Sale Type: NO RESERVE
Price: Year: 1970
Make: MERCURY
Model: COUGAR ELIMINATOR
Style: 2 DOOR HARDTOP
VIN: 0F91Q507492
Exterior Color: COMPETITION GREEN
Interior Color: BLACK
Cylinders: 8
Engine Size: 428
Transmission: 3-SPEED AUTOMATIC

1970 Cougar Eliminator 428 Cobra Jet. Kevin Marti confirms this Competition Green (Gabber Green) vehicle was ordered by Ford research as a factory test vehicle and was shipped to building #5 R&E in Dearborn, MI. It retains its matching serial number motor and transmission. Photos taken during restoration verify this. Photos also show it was a very nice original car and it still retains its original sheet metal, windows and interior. The restoration was done over a two year period.

Sold at $73,000 ($80,300 with commission).