15x7 steel wheels

I found the wheels from over twenty years ago in my garage, after I switched over to the Magnum 500’s. What is the value of the wheels and how could I best sell them? Thx

15 x 7 Cougar SS wheels? 68 or the 69/70? Thanks.

Sorry, nothing quite that cool. Just black steel rims in need of a hub cap.

You might want to check in with some Shelby experts - contrary to what most might think, virtually all of the 1968 Shelby Mustangs came with steel wheels and hubcaps. Those wheels are very desirable now.

I can’t recall all of the details, but it seems to me the 15x7 size is not common?

What markings are on your wheels?

• Phillip

Date code and condition of rims can dramatically impact value. 15" wheels were not factory available on any of our classic Cougars, but they were on BOSS Mustangs.

As Phil and Dave said, they are a sought after set of wheels. I’m not sure how much they are worth though. I did find 1 listing of a set for sale, you might like this, see the second item here.

$2800? Holy cow! That photo looks a lot like my old rims. To be honest, I have owned the car since 1979. I don’t remember the tire size before I got the Magnums, but I am surprised these old rims are 15’s. Here is a photo. Look similar to the ones Badcat posted a link to, except there are four tangs for hub caps on my wheels. Badcat’s link shows only three tangs.

Where are the markings? Thx

Read thru this thread on the SAAC Forum -

• Phillip

good stuff, thx. I do have the four slots, but four nubs for the hubcap, not three. No markings like the Shelby. There is a Fomoco 9 MK, as well as a CD on the back

One post on the SAAC forum said the 15 inch rim had a diameter of 16 1/8 inches, and a height of 7 inches. They called this a 15x6 wheel. Based on that, my wheels are probably 14x6 as the diameter is about 15 1/4 inches. The Magnum 500’s I got are 14’s as well. Sorry. I figured a 15 inch diameter meant 15 inch wheels. I guess not.

Somebody suggested 9MK is a wheel made by the Motor Wheel Corp in November of 1969.

Date would be December not November.
14 x 6 was the typical rim size on a classic Cougar.
Manufacturer would be Kelsey Hayes.

Thx everyone. So, just run off the mill 14x6 steel wheels for the Cougar. What are they worth? They’ve been in the garage for twenty years so I guess I don’t need them. :stuck_out_tongue:

Pretty sure that on Motor Wheel Corp coding, the 9 is the year, M is the manufacturer (Motor Wheel Corp), and K is the month. K being October.

Unfortunately stock 14x6 wheels are not worth much. If they were, I and a lot of people who part out cars would be sitting on a goldmine!