1964 Montclair Marauder

1964 Mercury Montclair Marauder. 390 4v with a Merc-O-matic. White with blue interior. When this car comes up for resto, it will be painted dark blue metallic. Which was available in 64. I think the dark blue would accentuate the trim and emblems. My first plan was to make a stroker 390 to 445 cubes and install a 4 or 5 speed manual. Not sure now if I will still go that way.

Here is a pic of the Marauder where it usually lives----underneath my 69 Sport Special. Plus, it turns into a shelf for various light things.

I’ll get some more pictures of the Marauder soon.

Mark. Is that a wagon over on the left

BTW 64 Maurauder is one of my favourites. Love the red and white ones

Looking through my camera, I had found some pics of when I was making the trip back from picking up the Marauder. A couple years ago I would search 64 Marauder every day and when this one came up I called and made a deal. The car was in Illinois. Luckily, a friend of mine lives south west of Chicago and drove the hour south of me to pick it up and store it. He stored it longer than we were expecting—for almost a year. When the time came to pick it up I checked into flights and couldn’t find a one way ticket for under 300 bucks. Amtrak was $99. I left Albany, NY at 7pm and got to Chicago at 9am. It was a fun trip on the train. The food in the dining car was really good.
Before driving from Chenoa, Ill to North Adams, Mass. the only test drive was along a short section of rte 66. Here is a shot at my friend’s house in Illinois.

It was still dark when I left from Illinois. Got a picture of the first sunlight.

The Marauder has a cool looking dash:

The Marauder on Taconic Parkway in New York. Taconic Parkway is one of my favorite roads. Nice stonework along the whole way. Not just plain mundane concrete.

Overall the Marauder is in good shape. Someday it will be up the list for getting finished.

Hey Leon,

Yes, it’s a 68 Colony Park. It is listed in another thread. I love it when I shop is full of my Mercs. The only problem is this only happens when we aren’t making much money.