1967 Standard Cougar Project car - Arizona Rust Free - great starting point!

Clear AZ title. Same owner since 1970’s, parked in back yard off road since 1984. 289 2V, Automatic. Rust Free Arizona Project car, very straight car, no accidents, no major damage, all original Mercury panels with mostly original paint. Original color is Cinnamon Frost Metallic, with a Saddle Tan interior, a good looking car. Needs overall restoration.

Factory options including power steering, power disc brakes (4 piston Kelsey Hayes), AM radio, center console, and tinted glass. Someone installed an “after market” vinyl top, but it was removed, and with no damage to the roof. There are about 50 small holes where the trim was, but these can be filled with body work or simple weld.

Original engine/trans are gone, but I will include a core replacement 289 – 2V engine, and C4 automatic transmission, will install to the car for shipping if needed. Drop in a newer 5.0 or Coyote engine and make a great resto-mod. Missing the original AM radio and radiator.

This car still has it’s original 8 inch rear axle. All glass good, except windshield. I have a new replacement windshield and gasket, which are both included. The front grille on the car is super clean no breaks or damage, the tail lights are good. A new gas tank is also included.

Great starting point with good bones!! Roller car, sold “as is”, but can easily loaded onto a trailer. Asking price is $4500, firm. Thanks, Scott

67_1
67_2
67_3
67_4
67_5
67_6
67_7
67_8
67_9
67_11
67_12
67_13
67_14
67_15
67_16

1 Like

Nice. Thats way better than what I started with. Great find!
Looks pretty darn clean.

Original AM radio also included. Price reduced to $3900 for quick sale.

New price - $3500. I will include a drive shaft for the car also…thanks!

Please post the vin# and the left door data code plate information on this car. Thanks.
Jim

7F91C623724 65A V 2F 15F 52 0 W
67_0

Also available separately is a good running complete 289 2 barrel V8 and C4 transmission from a 1967 Cougar, currently owned by a friend. Can send video of it running, before the engine is removed from the car. He is asking $700 for the combo. Thanks!

Very surprised this hasn’t sold, I have seen way worse cars sell for more…last chance before we put it away for future restoration. $3900 with engine, $3300 without - local pick up price only - thanks, Scott

Please call Dave 201-280-8534 East Coast Idiot in need of a better platform

Sold.

Congratulations Scott, and the new owner.

Gorgious unit. Glad she’s going to a new home!