1968 Cougar convertible on Ebay

Thank you. Nice website devoted to 67-68 convertibles! I will take some pics in the near future and you can update the Keith Meredith car feature then. No rush. I tried to contact Keith last week but was unsuccessful. The owner between Keith and I was Mike Combee of Suwanee, GA. Just north of Atlanta. The car now resides in Arnold, MO. Just south of St. Louis. This cat likes to be near big cities, apparently. The car is very nice but nowhere near as nice as some of the other convertibles that are featured. The dove grey paint has been replaced by a Lexus pearl white that reflects very nicely in the sun. It has a slight metallic tint to it. It passed inspection yesterday at a local Jiffy Lube and was registered today. She’ll be out and about every now and then. I have a Missouri vanity plate on order, COUGRR. Attached is a pic of what the license plate will look like it when it comes in. This car only has a stock 302-2V, but it’s the thought that counts. :thumbup:

Thank you. I can get some close up shots for you. I will post them soon.

A pic of me in 1987 with my first 67 Cougar. I was 16 at the time. Time flies when you are having fun. :whistle:

Glad you made it here! Is that 1987 pic a Tiffany Blue car? Here is my Tiffany.

Here is what my vert looks like, just got the GTE side trim in today and it will be going on soon.
evert.jpg

Hey, Don! It’s good to be here among other Cougar enthusiasts. The 67-70 Mercury Cougar has been my favorite muscle car since before I could drive. I am not sure what the color of my first 67 was called. It was original at the time and was not repainted. It was pretty faded after 20 years. That black 68 GT-E convertible of yours is looking spectacular!

Here are some pics of my other 68 from the fall of 88. This car sat for some time. Shortly after these pics were taken, I picked up a beefy 65/66 Mustang GT Hi-Po 289 with 302 heads and a nasty ass cam. The engine had a four barrel off of a Ford 429 motor. It was a beast! This was a fast ass car! I did primer the entire car. It lost it’s “XMAS tree like” look of multiple colored body parts. Like the personalized plate in my hand, BADKITTY? I still have this license plate today. It was originally on my first 67 pictured previously. The little girl in one of the pictures is my younger sister. Ironically, today is her 34th birthday! As for me, I am 12 years older. Aging sucks. :thumbdown:

img002.jpg

Wow, that’s some serious offset on those slots! Cool pics.

At the time, a 351 Cleveland was under the hood but no transmission and drive shaft. The rear had air shocks and lifted springs. You can see by the rear photo. Once I got the car back on the road, it lowered quite a bit in the front. I wish I had pics.

I attached a pic of a patch I got from the NC State fair in the late 80’s. I also attached a plaque I got from John’s Cougar Central in the 90’s. John’s Cougar Central is now known as John’s Classic Cougars.
img006.jpg
img007.jpg

These are the only pics of my 67 XR-7 from back in the mid 90’s. In the second pic, the US Flag bandana hanging from the rear view mirror was a gift from a Philadelphia stripper called Jazzy. I was residing in Philly at the time, since I was in the Navy. He he. The personalized North Carolina plate was inspired from a POISON song called “Don’t need nothin’ but a good time.” And, yes, I still have this license plate. I did have some pretty brave license plates. 55MPH?HA & XUSHPM55(55MPHSUX backwards) were pretty gutsy back in the day. Yep, I pushed my luck back then. :smiley:

Now this is old school! I can’t tell you when or where I got this. I’ll tell you this though, it is going on my key ring for my 68 convertible. Oh yeah!
img010.jpg

This car has a familiar sort of look to it for some reason. :question:

Convertible quarter panel area photos attached…

A side angle pic of the rear deck area. As you can see from the pic, part of the C-stem is retained. It looks to be identical on both sides. Looks kinda cool, even though it is not flush with the rear of the car.

I installed Red 1157 Plasma LED taillight bulbs, courtesy of West Coast Classic Cougar. Those aren’t the brake lights, just the lights. Very bright, indeed. Thumbs up. :thumbup: A very good buy for $75 and they will probably never need to be replaced!

Looking good enjoy the new to you Cougar. Bring it up to the 50th in Dearborn in June. Jody is going to have his 68 conv at the show.

We hope to be there. My fiance and I will be getting married in May. We are hoping to make the event. It will be a close call.

Hello, folks! It’s been nearly 3 years since I got my 68 Vert. A lot of hard work, blood, sweat and tears makes “Penelope” what she is today. What I couldn’t do… I have had my mechanic, Brian, do. Cosmetically, the car is nearly completed. Mechanically, I have some other things is mind. Maybe next year I will start on those goals. In the meantime, I show the car locally at chosen shows in the St. Louis area. Enjoy!

Very nice!!

The trend continues

https://www.ebay.com/itm/275281181243